Paul Raven

Another World

SFK   

Catching up on some early '80s... VW and DW were so great together.  I quite like Carole Shelley as Iris!

watson71   
1 hour ago, SFK said:

Catching up on some early '80s... VW and DW were so great together.  I quite like Carole Shelley as Iris!

The timing of Carol Shelly replacing Beverlee McKinsey as Iris was not the best.  In mid-February,, Beverlee fell while fixing a curtain rod in her NYC apartment and badly injured her left shoulder.  So the build-up and aftermath  of the Janice trying to kill Mac story was played by Shelly, who I thought was a bit over the top.  These scenes would have been so much better with McKinsey in them.

denzo30   
On 9/17/2017 at 4:29 AM, watson71 said:

The timing of Carol Shelly replacing Beverlee McKinsey as Iris was not the best.  In mid-February,, Beverlee fell while fixing a curtain rod in her NYC apartment and badly injured her left shoulder.  So the build-up and aftermath  of the Janice trying to kill Mac story was played by Shelly, who I thought was a bit over the top.  These scenes would have been so much better with McKinsey in them.

From what I gathered, DW was in a broadway show with CS.  When Bev, had her accident, he convinced her to audition for the temporary part. He sent a tape over of Bevs work on the show.  I think she tried too hard in the role but there were some scenes where she did tap into Bev's Iris.  Overall, I still think she was much more like Iris than Carmen Duncan's version.