Another World

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The timing of Carol Shelly replacing Beverlee McKinsey as Iris was not the best.  In mid-February,, Beverlee fell while fixing a curtain rod in her NYC apartment and badly injured her left shoulder.  So the build-up and aftermath  of the Janice trying to kill Mac story was played by Shelly, who I thought was a bit over the top.  These scenes would have been so much better with McKinsey in them.

• Members

From what I gathered, DW was in a broadway show with CS.  When Bev, had her accident, he convinced her to audition for the temporary part. He sent a tape over of Bevs work on the show.  I think she tried too hard in the role but there were some scenes where she did tap into Bev's Iris.  Overall, I still think she was much more like Iris than Carmen Duncan's version.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

"Minipoo"?

What an...unfortunate name, like the diet product AYDS from years ago.

I love, love, love vintage movie magazines for this very reason: the fun articles and ads you find.

I could read them all day.

I just wish I could afford to buy more mags, but they are so often quite expensive on eBay.

• Members

A similar thing happened on B&B back in 1997, during the story of a troubled Rick shooting Grant Chambers. Katherine Kelly Lang went on maternity leave and the role of Brooke was temporarily recast with Sandra Ferguson. Unfortunately this coincided with the revelation that Rick was the shooter, and the absence of KKL as Brooke made the whole thing fall a bit flat. Sandra Ferguson just wasn't Brooke.