Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Stephen and Nancy Snyder's(?) son Ben Schnetzer is also very active in theater and film. He played gay rights activist Mark Ashton in the lovely little UK film Pride, about the alliance between the LGBT/miners' alliance against Margaret Thatcher's regime - I was fooled into believing he was actually Irish. I believe he also turned up in the World of Warcraft movie and Snowden. He's up and coming! And very cute.

• Members

Sharlene did not return until June of 1988 and they were living in LA and not Chadwell.  The idea that Russ was Josie's daughter was already in the making with whomever was writing at the time because Michael Liaison was EP and was bringing back the old characters and families.  Most likely why Russ returned to BC months later

• Members

53 years ago today Another World premiered on NBC...

"We do not live in this world alone,
but in a thousand other worlds.
The events of our lives represent only the surface,
and in our minds and feelings,
we live in many other hidden worlds"

And now the continuing story of Another World...

• Members

Jacquie Courtney was only 19 when that commercial aired, but already she had great poise and charisma. I'll bet her daughter will love seeing it, if she has not done so already.

You know, many years ago, Courtney said in a magazine interview that she had had personal kinescopes made of many of her favorite scenes or episodes of AW. I'd be curious if they still exist somewhere. I'd hope the family would keep them. If you get a chance and do not think it is a pushy question, perhaps you could ask Jennifer about the existence of these kinescopes. No one else in the world would have them!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Thank you. Even if fans never get to see copies of Courtney's vintage kinescopes, it would be nice to know that those rare episodes still exist safely with her her family members. Jennifer could probably make a lot of money by auctioning copies off on eBay, if she did not think the idea was too gauche. I'll bet Courtney would have gotten a kick out the the continued interest and affection fans have for her.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

I think it was in a 1974 interview entitled "A Pleasant Little Kingdom," in Daily TV Serials, that Jacquie Courtney talked about having kinescopes made of important episodes featuring Alice. She did not specifically mention what ones she had kept, but that famous Rachel/Alice confrontation at the engagement party would seem to be a no-brainer. It was a captivating moment in the show's history (I remember being glued to my set while watching it air), and really revved the Alice/Steven/Rachel triangle into high gear. It's an episode *I* would keep.