Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

True. Plus a lot of Nancy & Paulina's history intertwined. 

Both ladies dated Jake.

Both ladies dated Joe. 

Both women had tense relations with Vicky. 

Judi Evans had stellar chemistry with Vicky Wyndham and Constance Ford. 

It could've worked. The stories they gave Paulina in the 90s could've easily went to Nancy with Judi Evans playing her.

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

I recall hearing that too.  OMG., Can you imagine of Harding Lemay stayed on other than the two months.  Sharlene and Pat were friendly in the past since Alice was her sister and Steve Frame was Shars brother

Wow,  i really like these thoughts and theories especially bringing Reinholt back maybe after Watson died and that the whole John Black thing was a set up?  Hated the whole new triangle in 1981 and did not work with terrible miscasts of roles for Steve and Alice.  The Ken Jordan thing was simply awful.  After the 25 anniversary it all really began to tank with only a few decent stories after that.  Now that I see the footage of Alice and Rachel fighting in 1974, that would have been the perfect scenes to play during the anniversary show.  I am guessing that did not have any of it to play and this is fortunate we can see it now.  

One would think that AW production would want to show the memorable scenes of Steve, Alice and Rachel but I am sure the show did not want to show footage owned by a former actor due to copyright and monetary issues.  Also, VW was the star of the show and they wanted this celebration to be about her and not Alice.  I totally disagree but any EP would make sure his star player was the focus.  So many new threads out here.  I love it

• Members

So, it is my understanding that DL was asked to come back for the anniversary in the role of Gwen even before Leon Russom declined (Willis Frame).  I do believe after he declined, they did decided to make Gwen the whacko but it is also believable since she and Willis did go broke in Australia.  They went there to work for Cory Publishing.  They also broke up and she could start to harbor a resentment towards Rachel and Mac. Something that could happen in real life and Swajeski did throw in the line as Sharlene said to John, I don't remember her like this at all.  Also, AWHP editor wrote about Gwen Frames medical history that it was even reference in the 70's she had some mental health issues.  I cant confirm that since I was about 8 or 9 when Gwen played the role but due remember her with Willis.  I wonder if Leon decided to come back as Willis how this would have all played out?  Maybe Gwen would have been the one to save Rachel knowing what Willis had up his sleeve or maybe working in concert together to get back at Rachel.  Ore even if Meave Kinkaid came bak as Angie.  Willis's loves and rivals of the two women.  I read the Meave was asked to come back as Angie Perrini Frame.

Josie was revealed as Russ's daughter.  Are you stating you did not know that or that fact that since she was a Matthews that maybe the family would be a focus again?  I think AW threw away a lot of opportunities but again maybe a sign of the times.  I always thought they should have introduced Frame children from Gwen and Willis and the long lost never spoken about again Vince.  Molly Ordway come back to town.  JQ should have def come back after the 25th anniversary but I think again VW was the star and they did not want to ruffle her feathers either

• Members

Well, JC did not "own" the material. P&G did. She only made personal copies of the scenes and episodes she wanted to keep. The show included other flashbacks with Alice during the anniversary week, and it would not have cost any more to use 1974 flashbacks than it did to use the other ones which TPTB chose to include instead. The 25th anniversary was a celebration of the show, not specifically VW, and showcasing the best-available clips from its history should have been the main goal.

• Members

i dont disagree with you for a second and wish that is the way it worked out.  I did not see all those awesome scenes from 1974 till years later.  They should have played them.  I am wondering if they were actually available.  The show did not save any scenes since 1979 and I think all of the great past footage is from loyal fans???  Again though, the EP in 1989 (I think Michael Liabson) prob wanted to keep the focus on Rachel.  Again, as I stated otherwise that I wish it was about the whole cast and returns and not about mac and rachel and that was their goal about the anniversary in my eyes.  Who knows what goes on behind the scenes either.  Actors making sure they are the focus.  Cant see any reason why VW would be opposed to the 74 clip but I really think they did not have their hands on any of this stuff we are seeing now from the past..

• Members

I think Vicky Wyndham would have been fine playing the 74 clips- in her 25th Anniversary episode from 1997- there were plenty of 70s clips of Mac and Rachel, Rachel and Ada, and Rachel and Steve- in 1989 the show probably used clips they had easy access to, I'm sure they didn't go out of their way searching for specific clips.  

Makes you wonder what still exists in some video library somewhere, and why P&G still sits on laurels about airing what does exist from all their soaps. MeTV, AntennaTV, Hulu, Nextflix- could be airing episodes of all the P&G soaps...

Could not agree with you more... 👍🏼😀👍🏼