Another World

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess b/c I loved Josie/Gary (even though they were a knockoff of Harley/Mallet on GL), that I liked Tim Gibbs. He wasn't bad for me. I thought the alcohol scenes when he got drunk and Josie locked his a** up (while looking for Felicia, his sponsor, who I think was humping John at the time) were good. He handled those scenes well. I just didn't care for him as Kevin on OLTL.

I didn't mind RC's Lorna b/c I always took her as the more mature, refined Lorna compared to AC's rough and rigid Lorna. I do think that the one common factor that the writers did keep with both women was Lorna's insecurity, which led her to picking the wrong men. I think that AC just exuded it better. I think that RC had the ups though when it came to Lorna's sexuality. 

• Members

Gabet did the best with the material she was given.  The writers clearly did not know what to do with the character of Brittany and the storyline changed course many times.  She went from a deaf mute to a troublemaking vixen in a matter of months.  Also, it did not help that several weeks into Gabet's run, the popular Mary Page Keller (Sally) left AW and was replaced with Taylor Miller, who I thought was a terrible Sally.   So, Gabet was stuck in a triangle with Brittany / Catlin / Sally with an unpopular recast.   I did enjoy when Brittany shot Peter and went on trial for attempted murder.   This was her last storyline before Gabet left AW.

• Members

Thank you. Sharon Gabet said in a podcast interview a couple of years ago that the storyline where Brittany was deaf was some of the best acting she had ever done, but that they kept making the character more and more of a victim that she gradually came to dislike the character herself. On top of everything else, she was pregnant with her second child, dealing with a toddler and the commute to AW's Brooklyn studios was too draining. Her husband appealed on her behalf and she got released from her AW contract a few weeks early.

• Members

I just know they tried had to turn Tim Gibbs' Kevin on OLTL into Gary, I guess - made him a dark, glowering alcoholic, pushed a thing with Robin Christopher as fellow alcoholic Skye. Jill Phelps seemed to be flirting heavily with the idea of pairing them (I think they may have kissed at one point) but didn't go all the way, for whatever reason. And Kevin's drinking issues, while they existed somewhat later on, were never as prominent or serious as the Gibbs run - despite (IIRC) attending AA meetings with Skye in the JFP era, he was never confirmed as a full-on alcoholic.

Supposedly Jill fired every woman he was paired with (save Gina Tognoni) for not taking off with Gibbs. I know Laura Bonarrigo was vocally upset about his replacing Kevin Stapleton. There were other rumors about the situation with Gibbs but I don't know if they have any basis in truth.