Another World

• Members

If i remember correctly too, I think the actor who played the DA/ Attorney who terrorized Pat on the stand was the actor who played Tom Baxter in 1964.  I am wrong?  I thought I recall my mother saying back then it was him and why she was so fragile on stand because he resembled Tom Baxter. 

Simply stupid but at that point AW was pretty bad anyway so it was a shot in the dark

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If Justine had been written with a bit more nuance, then I think the story would have been more palatable.  Not more SUCCESSFUL, but more palatable.  (Because, to be perfect and frank, that story was never going to work all the way.)  As it was, though, it did the impossible: it made Victoria Wyndham look bad.

• Members

Perhaps.  Obviously, you WOULDN'T be able to tell a doppelganger story, which is okay, since, IMO, doppelganger/evil twin stories rarely work on soaps.  (They're almost the epitome of Idiots Plots, really, where the other characters have to remain complete idiots or else the plot ends.)  However, even with another actress portraying Justine, the character still would have needed to be a step above a Disney villain.  Her mental state was no excuse for her also being one-dimensional as hell.

• Members

In the 1960s, Tom Baxter was played by soap vet Nicholas Pryor.

I cannot honestly say I recall him returning to the show  to play the DA during Pat's second murder trial, but maybe viewers with better memories--or with links to those episodes on youtube--can refresh my memory.

• Members

I don't think there are any episodes.  if they are on youtube, can some share or direct me too them.  The murder of Tom or Greg is not on youtube.  The aftermath when John Randolph died yes.  At that time Marianne was no longer speaking to her mother and blamed her still for Gregs death

• Members

Born March 16, 1922, today is the 95th birthday of Harding Lemay.  Whether you loved or  hated his work on AW, he is probably one of the last, if not the last, of the behind the scenes staff members that is still living from the Golden Age of Soaps.  Happy Birthday, Mr. Lemay! 🎈🎉🎈

• Members

Yes, happy birthday to Mr. Lemay! 95 - God bless him.

Seeing Jensen Buchanan in those above promos makes me a bit sad. Who would have guessed that she'd end up in the mess she did last year for DUI?

By the way, I think the gown she wore at Vicky's outdoor wedding to Jake in 1997 was absolutely stunning. Apparently, JB felt the same way because she told the soap press that she wished she had worn that gown to her own (first) wedding!