Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scotty

A Time for Change: The SON Story v2.0

son_black.png

A Time for Change: The SON Story v2.0

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Monday, April 27, 2009

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) -- As of Wednesday, April 22, 2009, long-time poster and staffer Scotty Gore was elevated to the position of Administrator with the Soap Opera Network Community Forums. He joins the Senior Administrative Team consisting of Xavier Toups and Errol Lewis.

Scotty will assist Toups in overseeing the day-to-day activities at the SON Community such as member management, enforcing Soap Opera Network rules, regulations and policies and will provide technical support on an as needed basis among other Administrative duties. In addition, he will continue to serve as "One Life to Live" news/previews reporter and columnist.

Also, "Guiding Light" news/previews reporter Rakesh Ramsaywack has been elevated to the position of Moderator with the Soap Opera Network Community Forums. He joins Angela Rosa and Venus Stone-Cutter in ensuring that civility and peace are maintained on the SON message boards.

--In other news, a small change will be taking place regarding SON's weekly previews for "All My Children," "One Life to Live," and "General Hospital" as ABC has requested that we no longer include sneak peeks (VCR Alerts) for the following week in our previews. Again, this is per ABC, and is effective immediately. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We would like to thank everyone for visiting Soap Opera Network over its seven plus years online. Your time and dedication to the site keeps us moving forward and is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Errol Lewis and the Senior Administrative Team

I would be interested to know why the ABC Sneak Peeks are being discontinued. Has ABC become aware of the destructive audience-chasing power of spoilers?

Congrats to all the new administrators and moderators!

Congrats, Scotty!

Thanks. :)

The only bad part was that I had to type up and post the above message myself...since Errol was offline and Toups said he was too tired and lazy. LOL :lol:

As for the ABC thing, I don't know....but it wouldn't surprise me. The network always gives away too much with spoilers and on-air promos.