Brian Cahill: We are committed to finding a life for GL after CBS.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw this on Wikipedia on CBS Daytime (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_Daytime)

I know Wiki isn't always right, but I'm just wondering where they got some of this from:

Guiding Light: A New Hope

Debut: September 21, 2009

First Episode Scheduled: September 21, 2009

Spinoff: Guiding Light

Production companies: TeleNext Media, Inc. for Procter & Gamble Productions Inc., Sony Pictures Television

Producing team: Ron Howard (Executive Producer), Ellen Wheeler (Co-Executive Producer), Alexandra Johnson, Maria Macina, David Brandon (Coordinating Producer), Janet Morrison (Supervising Producer), Amanda Weeks (Associate Producer), Jennifer Glattstein (Associate Producer)

Directing team: Joe Cotugno, Tracey Bryggman [11]; [12]; [13]), Adam Reist, Jo Anne Sedwick, Brian Mertes, Matthew Lagle, Robert Scinto, Rob Decina

Writing team: Donna M. Swajeski, David Rupel, Tita Bell, Christopher Dunn, Lloyd Gold, Kimberly Hamilton, Rebecca Hannover

Cast: Grant Aleksander, Angelique Bates, Tempestt Bledsoe, Robert Bogue, Jeff Branson, Chelsea Brummet, Mandy Bruno, Crystal Chappell, Jordan Clarke, Bradley Cole, Daniel Cosgrove, Justin Deas, Jack DeSena, Frank Dicopoulos, Lisa Foiles, Laura Leighton, Jamie Luner, Karla Mosley, Michael O'Leary, Victoria Rowell, Marcy Rylan, Grant Show, Heather Locklear, Gina Tognoni, Caitlin Van Zandt, Kim Zimmer

Is this a joke?

• Members

Boy... I am so afraid that this will turn to be yet another disappointment for soap fans: "We are gonna save it!", "We're doing everything in out power to find a different place for it." etc. And in the end it'll get dumped like it never existed.

• Members

I know. We all watched it happen with AW and Passions, and it just feels like history repeating itself. And what happened with Passions really gives false expectations, because by some miracle, it was (briefly) saved. Not that I cared about Passions. I was never a fan. But I do see a lot of people saying "It happened with Passions! It could happen with GL too!"

• Members

It's not surprising that P&G would say this, as the production company they are going to put up a fight. The chances are slim GL could land somewhere else, but I wouldn't say it is impossible, you never know who might end up taking interest.

• Members

Yep. They need to let this show go out with a shred of dignity(if we can even call it that). If this show gets a reprieve on another network or outlet, sure it will grab headlines, but the NEXT time the show is cancelled, no one will give it this much attention again.

It's time to just let it go. Focus all that energy into giving GL's fans a satisfying conclusion.

• Members

And they better. The last month of GL should be an event. If they are just planning on the same old same old from Peapack, what a terrible ending.

I hope the show can get back in a studio and go out that way- like a soap opera, I am assuming all of those sets were destroyed?

• Members

I strongly disagree with you guys. If we give up on these soaps now, then they will be extinct in a few years. We as fans need to work together and help save our soaps. P&G is finally listening to their fans and there is no doubt in my mind that this show won't be successful in whatever venue it follows. I will always blame the writers for [!@#$%^&*] up this show. I could care less about Ellen's production - That is not a problem to me. For me, it was the writing and a little bit of those fugly sets.

• Members

The Guiding Light's Frank Dicopoulos interview with Time Out New York!

Check out this exclusive Q&A with Frank Dicopoulos! The Guiding Light veteran and local dad chats about the end of an era.

"I think it will have a home on another network, but I know of nothing specific. It’s just a gut feeling. As for the future, I have no choice but to pursue other interests and leads, but if Guiding Light is picked up by another network, I will stay on the show as long as they will have me."

http://newyorkkids.timeout.com/articles/fe...-guiding-lighta

Archived