GH: April Discussion Thread

• Members

I've posted this Swedish promo (it begins airing there on April 6th) in the March discussion thread, Jack says this was the last time GH was great. And I kind of agree:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295">

Hopefully, there will be things to discuss and we'll have more than 5 pages. I don't think so, but I can delude myself.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Metro Court so was the last time GH was great.

Maxie & Three locked in the vault. Mr. Craig playing games with the hostages. Robin being shot and Carly having to care for her. Jax, Mac, etc.. outside not able to do much. Prego Elizabeth. Alan's heart attack. I loved every single moment.

Then Liz telling Jason hes her baby daddy! loved it!!

• Members

Poor Svenska. Get their hopes up for four weeks -- then dash it for the forseeable future.

Hope the Swedes do not fall in love with Liaison because that's going to get pissed on, too.

• Members

If you just let the ratings play out, the firings you want WILL happen fairly soon.

The problem is that the Jack Peyton axiom clearly states that, having left, your disaffected viewers will not return. Therefore, each week this show is allowed to spiral into the creative abyss is another week during week permanent damage is being done.

• Members

Actually, i dont fully believe that. I do believe that a large chunk wont come back after they are gone, but there is still a chunk that will. As well as gaining viewers who are new. I mean, how else do you explain what has happened with Days' ratings?

But each week is permanent damage.

• Members

Same here. MarkH, if GH worked on the same principle as Y&R or even, say, AMC, Guza would have been LONG gone. But Frons is adamant that GH viewers can be "trained" to keep watching Sonny getting sucked off by Claudia. Jason blinking. Carly and Lulu shreiking. On a loop.

Honestly, I watched Monday's episode and it was SO dispiriting. All the characters I liked were being torn down and ruined to prop up the most abysmal characters and play out the most misogynistic stories.

I sometimes wonder whether a starving, pain-wracked Guza is imprisoned in some panic room where he is forced to write at gunpoint. Because the bile on the screen appears to be penned by people who viscerally hate what they are doing.

:lol: Maybe it got blown up when the Metro Court did?

• Members

Yeah, I'm not either, and barely blinked when they implied it on B&B and OLTL. But here? Barfworthy.

I think it's also because the writers had Claudia emphasizing how she hadn't washed yet, how she hadn't changed her dirty sheets (she was trying to cover for the fact that she had Ric hidden by the bed) -- it was like they were bending over backwards to belittle Claudia. It made me wonder if Sarah Brown had pissed somebody off in the writing team! And then Sonny was all "I don't care how dirty you are. I want it NOW."

Serial Drama quoted it:

http://serialdrama.typepad.com/serial_dram...-afternoon.html

Claudia: Just tell me what you want, and that is what i'm going to do, ok? Does that sound good, hmm?

Sonny: Ok, but don't take long, ok? Because I need it right now.

Romance. It's not dead, y'all!

Archived