Y&R: In Support of Jess Walton!

• Members

I start this thread in support of Jess Walton, the 22 year veteran of Y&R, who has engaged in acrimonious contract negotiations with SONY. I ask that anyone who supports Jess add something to this thread to let SONY know that if Jess goes...well you know the rest.

Whose with me!?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll add my support. Jess is so ridiculously undervalued compared to her contributions to the show. She has chemistry with everyone. She adds nuance to every line. She is equally amazing at comedy and at drama. She's been given so many stories which talent like herself and Jeanne Cooper have dragged through by the skin of their teeth. I can think of plenty of people who should take a pay cut (or just be outright fired) before Jess.

I know no soap is about one actor, but I know Y&R won't be quite the same for me without Jess Walton as Jill.

• Members

I support Jess' decision 100%! I was shocked when I found out Jess walked out because she's being force to take a pay cut. Shame on Sony/CBS/Maria for allowing this. I would expect something like this on ABC but not on a Bell soap.

• Members

I am in support. I have already written CBS at http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.shtml.

But I suspect this is not enough, since the message needs to go to Bell/Sony.

Please, someone, give us the necessary contact information.

Would it help to send support to the mags, etc.? Here is contact info for that that I have:

WRITE OR EMAIL CBS

Barbara Bloom

Senior Vice-President, Daytime Programs

CBS Television

7800 Beverly Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90036

Richard Mensing

CBS Daytime NY

51 W 52nd St., Suite #586

New York, NY 10019

CBS Feedback

http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.shtml

CBS Audience Services: 212-975-3247

[email protected]

WRITE TO THE PRODUCTION COMPANY

Televest Daytime Programs/Procter & Gamble Productions

World Wide Plaza

825 8th Avenue

New York, NY 10019

WRITE OR EMAIL THE SOAP PRESS

Soap Opera Digest

261 Madison Avenue

New York, NY 10016

Email SOD's SOUND OFF

[email protected]

[email protected]

Soaps In Depth

270 Sylvan Avenue

Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

Email CBS Soaps In Depth: Speak Out!

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Soap Opera Weekly

261 Madison Avenue 9th flr

New York, NY 10016

Email SOW's PUBLIC OPINION

[email protected]

Cindi Rinehart

[email protected]

• Members

The other old email address I have is [email protected]

Let me say something: In 36 years, I have not been an activist. I even let my beloved Heather Tom go without protest. (Although I did blog my lament about Don Diamont leaving).

I also know Jill can be successfully recast. The role is proof of that.

But why squander 22 years of history (and flashbacks) at a pivotal time in story?

I'd like to urge both the actress and the production company to work together in good faith...keep Jess at her current per-episode rate, off contract, for a maximum of 30 days while both sides take a deep breath and come to a meeting of the minds.

• Members

I support Jess 100%. She is a phenomenal actress and does not deserve to be thrown under the bus by Sony. They should evaluate many others on contract at Y&R and reconsider their salary before they try to force Walton into a pay cut. Shame on Sony. I hope MAB and Rauch are backing her. If not, shame on them as well!

• Members

Sony is not the one that handles the contracts at Y&R. I know writer's get paid from the Bell Dramatic Serial Company, and actors do as well. Eileen Davidson said her contract was handled directly by the Bells when she came back to Y&R. Sony only aides in overall production costs, other than that, nothing.

Archived