Y&R: Actress returns

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really don't see them undoing the Cane stuff. In that case, what's done is done. Also with the Jill/Kay mother/daughter reversal, another family reversal would be overkill and be too convoluted. Not to mention that it would now give Jill even fewer family ties. We don't need that.

• Members

I hope they won't, even though nothing would give me bigger pleasure to see Cane thrown out or killed off in whatever type of accident or fire or anything similar.

Then what would they bring her back for?

• Members

I thought they might be bringing her back to make Cane feel more insecure about his relationship with Jill, since he's not the Phillip Jill spent so many years being mother to (or mothering when he wasn't in boarding school).

I'd love to see her with other stories, I'm just not sure what they'd be. Most of her friends are gone, Ryan's dead.

Could they be aging Phillip III to have him as something of a potential rival to Cane? Or just to bring another young man on the show?

Could he be the gay character that's been rumored? Then again, Phillip's in the military, according to Nina, and I doubt any soap is going to touch that issue.

• Members

I look forward to her return if this is true.

It would be nice if they have her bring Phillip IV with her, but a non-aged Phillip, that way he would be close in age with Eden, Noah and Abby.

Actually, if they undid the Cane storyline (I never thought of that), I do not think it would cause damage and weaken Jill's ties at all. I think there are a lot of fans out there who still resent that who storyline and are resenting Cane even more so now with what he is trying to do to Chloe.

Jill is still Billy's mother and Delia's grandmother. Not to mention if Nina returned with Phillip IV, Jill would still be his grandmother. Look at Katherine for example, for years, she never had family around her, just close friends like the Abbots, Nikki, Victor, etc. Brock would come and go. She was married to Derek, then Rex, but her main position in the show was her constant battle with Jill. If they undid Cane, I can see Jill taking a role more like Katherine with Nina becoming the Jill and Phillip IV becoming what his father was.

Just a thought there. What does everyone else think?

• Members

That would be perfect!!!

Having not changed his age would make for many good shakeups on the canvas. He can get involved with an underage Eden, Abby and Noah. He can cause a lot of trouble for them. There would be incredible scenes between Jill, Ashley and Nikki, and even Sharon! With her grandson causing trouble in their family's lives. The scenes with Nina would be stellar! I could see Jill at war with everyone, blaming Nina for everything wrong in Phillip's life. Phillip is a legacy character.

He could also cause problems for Billy since Billy is quite the party-er. Or get in trouble with Billy. He could get addicted to drugs, get the younger crowed addicted as well. There are a lot of possibilities.

Or, I know this is a stretch for a Bell soap, they could make him gay.

I believe there are so many possibilities for Jill and the characters she's connected to. That includes the one's off screen. Remember she has been there from the beginning so she knows everyone. Besides, her Foster root's could be reinstated. Since we now don't know her birth parents, what if, she really is a Foster. Maybe her father had an affair with another woman and she got pregnant. Maybe Elizabeth never knew about it. And maybe Elizabeth and William (that's her father's name, right?) adopted his "love child."

• Members

I think they could easily keep Phillip as 21, or maybe age him just a few years, to mid 20s. I don't see a place for him unless they pair him with Lily or Colleen, or make him gay, as speculated.

Nina has lots of opportunities but at the same time, who on earth would she be paired with in the long-term? I can't see her and Vicky as rivals anymore, because let's face it, Cast could wipe the floor with Heinle.

I'll be less than thrilled if she's paired with Cane. That would be gag-worthy.

Archived