Ta Mystika Tis Edem [The Secrets of Eden]

Sylph

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Primetime and daytime shows usually go on up until late June/early July and daytime soaps usually start again around the 20th of September... so, I would guess we will keep getting episodes until the beginning of July, but it all depends on the writers' projected season.

Oh, the amazingness of what's been going on during the episodes I have been watching.... Just :wub:

• Members

If cliffhangers on VSD were any indication, there will be a huge cliffhanger in July, which will probably stem out of a whole season's worth of drama... a huge, show-changing twist (and it so was!). Actually, scratch that, they had a double cliffhanger for Season 1, aaaah, good times....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

KLEISE TA MATIA (Shut Your Eyes) was perhaps the most uber-soap and a huge success (and a personal favorite, despite some shortcomings in the writing department at times). Also, MIN MOU LES ANTIO (Don't Say Goodbye) was a MASSIVE success. But those have been around a few years. Also, LENI was very popular. Most recently, it has been AN M'AGAPAS (If You Love Me) but I've never seen it, TIS AGAPIS MAXAIRIA (Love's Knife?) never seen it either, THA VREIS TON DASKALO SOU (though technically a comedy) and who knows what else!

• Members

That it did. He turned out to be the photographer and she remembered him from her dream. However, the main implication of the idea was to show that they were indeed to embark on an affair. In other words, no matter what happened, they would have found each other in th end. But, yeah, it was sh!tty. :lol:

• Members

90 percent of this decade's dramatic series were based on love triangles, or two tortured lovers trying to get together, which makes them more or less soap operas or actually telenovelas, because they were never meant to last more than a year.

Psitiri Kardias: A young playboy falls for a beautiful gypsy girl; Aggigma Psyxis: A beautiful woman falls for a hunky priest, I agapi irthe apo makria: the wife of a rich landlord falls for the Albanian stable boy, etc.

Kleise ta matia: A huge success indeed, a modern soap opera, Christoforos Papakaliatis should be writing a daily soap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6ILB8Kw6QE

This is the first part of the very first episode. The show lasted three seasons and had kind of a "Bobby Ewing in the shower" finale. CP wrote a number of other one-season prime time series, all of them had a soap structure and were successful. Na Me Proseheis and I Zoi Mas Mia Volta had great ratings, while Dyo Meres Mono DMM was not considered a hit and the series turned darker mid-season. CP's new series Tessera will premiere this fall.

An m'agapas, a hospital series, was shown three times within a week and was based on the format of a daily italian soap. It also lasted three seasons and it was nothing special. I watched the first season because it starred iconic sex symbol Vana Barba as a rich meddling mother and I really had to see that, since I adore her.

Tha vreis to daskalo sou lasted three seasons and was based on the love story of a vey hunky teacher and a student. It was meant to be a comedy (horrible comedy IMO), but the stories were very soapy (bad soap).

In Greece tv writers hate the word soap opera and in their interviews they try to make it very clear that their show is not a soap. Papakaliatis, Akrita, even Foskolos (with his awful daily soaps in the nineties) among others. So, we don't have soap operas, but dramatic serials :P

• Members

I really tried to like Dyo Meres Mono, poor CP tried so hard.... but it just wasn' working. I hear he eventually ended the series, but I've never seen those final episodes. However, I did love it when they turned dark, having that raining while cutting your wrists episode thing. :lol:

I had no idea he was starting a new series. I read all about it, seems like it could be wonderful and I will be, of course, checking it out! Too bad it'll only be 28 episodes. :(

Yes, how ridiculous. All of these people have written uber UBER soaps (one uber just does not make it) and yet they hate the word? Like the interviewer asking Akrita what made TA MYSTIKA TIS EDEM NOT a soap :lol: Nevertheless, I'll take their "dramatic series" even Foskolos' :lol:

• Members

And of course, a question: what is Tessera about? :lol: I can't really consider something with 28 episodes a soap... No matter how melodramatic/soapy/filled with cliffhangers it is... It's like a mini-series. US primetime shows have between 22 and 24 episodes per season. Cable even less, you know that. :)

Archived