New Kim Zimmer interview!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kim's one of a kind. I can see where she feels the pregnancy story has had some problems, although sometimes I think she's lucky they haven't fired her or put her on recurring, which DAYS or some of the ABC soaps probably would have done. I hope they work out what to do with Reva because when they have the good writing for her few she's one of GL's biggest assets.

• Members

Well, she certainly know how to give great copy!

But she's got to stop hinting at not renewing her contract. You know, I know and, most importantly, P&G know that there are no other shows coming a-calling.

• Members

I honestly believe a 100% that P&G/CBS will not renew Kim Zimmer's contract in June. Her renewel in 2005 where she refused to take a paycut cost many their jobs. It would free a ton of money for the show to let her go. Honestly with Deidre/Drake being let go and it not affecting DAYS ratings one bit, P&G have the upper hand in this negoation. Plus with the economy as bad as it is. I honestly believe they axe Zimmer and announce GL's one year renewel at the same time. She is a big part of GL but Otalia/Grant is their focus. They can buy like 6-8 newcomers with Zimmer's salary. Honestly I believe this is the end of the road for Kim. She is not looking too great and with daytime as bad as it is, I do not see any roles for her in the future. Zimmer tried primetime and failed during her five years off the show.

• Members

I think Reva could use a breather from the canvas, they've run out of ideas for her and Josh and Shayne don't necessarily need her in order to be viable. However, firing her would bring such awful publicity, and while GL managed to go on after the awful publicity over Grant's firing and Jerry's firing, I'm not sure if they could do the same right now. I guess there aren't any easy options here. I think Reva still has a lot to offer if they can figure out where to go with her.

• Members

Firing Drake/Deidre on DAYS had bad publicity but did the ratings go down after they were gone. In fact one wekk they went up over the week Drake/Deidre left. They have caused no audience erosion. Honestly right now GL needs to get renewed and the biggest way to make that happen is to free lots of money. I mean Zimmer's exit could give GL alot more money to do other things with the show. If GL gets renewed until October 2010, then Ellen Wheeler pulled off the impossible she kept the show on the air three years longer then it should have been on. Zimmer has to take a drastic paycut to stay with the show and we all know Kim. Kim needs to realize with how bad the economy is and how scarce soap jobs are for women over 40 she is lucky to be employed. The unemployment rate for actors is about at 96% percent right now. Drake/Deidre are going to do Zimmer. She is a GONER. This baby story has gotten little airtime. I honestly think Kim needs to work on her appearance, she looks really bad right now. Take a year off and renenergize yourself and maybe there will be something. Honestly I will be more shocked if Kim stays at GL.

• Members

I am starting to think it's a 50-50 chance that Kim Zimmer might not renew her contract, but if that happens, it will not be an acrimonious split, unlike, say, with Martha Byrne from ATWT or Beth Ehlers from GL.

It'll be an "I realized they couldn't afford me" kind of thing. This is judging from her interviews where she talks about how GL can't afford to show her often these days.

I just hope if she doesn't renew, both sides will at least leave the door open for her return -- no dying of leukemia!

• Members

It is more like CBS/P&G not renewing her contract versus she not renewing it. Right now the goal is to get GL renewed. Months ago it seemed impossible but the network is doing alot to keep it on the air. Zimmer is by far the most expensive star right now. Since she did not budge last time around, this will be it. They do not use her much anyways. I honestly think KZ needs a year off to work on her looks. Drake/Dreidre will do her in.

• Members

Kim Zimmer DID take a pay cut during her last negotiations. Yes she did refuse to do so in 2005, but that was her right - they had an existing contract and had no right to force anyone to take a pay cut. She realized that times have changed, and made concessions in her current contract. She would like to work more, but realizes why they can't use her more.

Zimmer was not responsible for the people who lost their jobs in 2005. The show had already made their choice as to who they were going to put on recurring or fire. The paycuts was just another part of the shows attempt at trimming costs.

• Members

Two reasons Grant and Otalia. Otalia MANIA as I will call it is taking over CBS. Otalia fans are bombarding the network with everything Otalia and they are just bombarded and Grant's return has been a major plus. GL five months ago was dead but now it is not as dead. Ratings have stablized going up from 1.4 to 1.7 plus increase in viewers. As well as lots of publicity using major publications for Grant's return. Otalia made Entertainment Weekly. Even Zimmer said how popular they are right now. Right now the goal is to get GL renewed and Zimmer's salary could give GL lots of extra money to really save the show. Remember GL has been ZIMMER FREE BEFORE FROM 1990-1994 and the show was just fine.

Shakur Zimmer is still EXPENSIVE that is the problem and Drake/Deidre screwed every vet over. Their NO LOSS AUDIENCE EROSION after they left proves no vet is safe. The goal is to renew GL not RENEW KIM ZIMMER.

• Members

Otalia mania? I'd hardly liken them to Luke & Laura. Where is the proof that they're bringing in the ratings, how do we know that the jump to a 1.7 isn't due to say more cohesive storytelling overall?

Luke and Noah also got tons of mainstream press, and I can't say they're responsible for any ratings increases at ATWT.

The show also had a much better ensemble back then, some very good writers, great production values, and the soap genre still had some credibility left in it. I'd hardly liken the GL of today to the GL of the early 90's.

Archived