OLTL: Shane/Rex spoiler and video from Thursday's episode

• Members

There is an interesting article about the Shane cancer storyline posted at the Entertainment Weekly website. It's an interview with John-Paul Lavoisier (Rex) about cutting his hair for an upcoming storyline. Also it hints at just when the storyline will end.

Also, they show a clip from Thursday's (March 19th) episode featuring Rex and Roxy, and has Rex shaving his head.

Link: http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/03/exclusive-one-l.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jesus, he has been on for 7 years, hasn't he?

He can't do drama well and they're asking entirely too much of him with this story. The yelling at God today was laughable.

Can't they wait until Shane actually starts losing his hair or has cancer for more than two days?

• Members

Parts of today were definitely a stretch. But I thought his conversation with Bo rang very true. His facial expressions when Bo thought he already knew about Matthew and his reluctance to unload, given the circumstances, were very real to me. It's when he tries to up the ante (so to speak) that he struggled. I just think a lot of these actors, who rarely have the opportunity to bring these emotionally laden scenes, amp themselves up far too much. He admits it's hard, given that he's generally one of those whose requirement is to bring the comedy. It was a stretch for him, something he's not been pressed to do in his years on the show. It wasn't his best work. Others have done better. But they haven't spent years on the show being primarily comic relief. In that context, I don't think it was an abysmal failure.

• Members

I don't even think he's great at the comedy, he relies on smirking. He's charismatic and good-looking in a unique way, and sometimes he's entertaining. I think he was very lucky to have kept a job this long, the only relationships he's had which have any poignancy to them are Natalie (which is very neglected now) and Bo (which has been overused). The pairing with Gigi has brought out all his worst qualities as an actor. Every big story they've given the two of them has turned into a dud.

Archived