GH: Veteran actress returns for May sweeps

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Emma Samms to return to 'General Hospital'

EW has learned that fan favorite Emma Samms (and her alter ego, Holly Sutton Scorpio) will return to General Hospital just in time for May sweeps. Samms, who started on the show in 1982 and was last seen there in the summer of 2006, starts taping at the end of April, with scenes set to air in mid-May, says a show insider. Little is known about her upcoming story arc but Holly will be reconnecting with a lot of the older characters, such as old flame Luke (Anthony Geary), as well as younger characters, including Lulu (Julie Berman) and newcomer Ethan (Nathan Parsons). So far, her other paramour, Robert Scorpio (Tristan Rogers), is not set to return as well, but "there's always a possibility that other vets will be returning," says the source. Samms, who also played Fallon Carrington Colby on Dynasty, is not on contract and her stint is open ended.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/03/emma-samms-retu.html

• Members

Luke's newest Australian protege whom he met when the guy tried robbing the Haunted Star. And he knows Holly and has a picture of Luke and Robert that Luke does not know about...and has befriended Robin.

And then...I quit watching, because the show sucks that much. So I have no idea what is going on now. But those are the basics.

• Members

What great news. Emma Samms is great and hopefully this Holly will at least try to blend some of the old Holly into the new Pod version. Emma Samms I will take over any of the recent returnees because she just is more fun than they are. Ok, I would take Sharon Wyatt over her, but Emma just lit up the screen in 2006 (and she certainly put everyone to shame at the Emmys). Between Helena and Holly, GH is sure to be entertaining this spring. As for Ethan, I think he is a good fit for the show, the actor is perfectly acceptable, and Tony Geary has really come to life recently. This version of Luke is a lot better than old heart attack victim Luke.

If Tristan Rogers comes back, it will all be complete, and maybe, just maybe, these people can rescue Kimberly McCullough from her own terrible turn as a lead in a story. Fold Robin and Patrick into the Scopio/Spencer story coming (hopefully) and everyone comes out a winner.

• Members

Seriously, and we have all discussed this before, I think JZ and LC's "freakishness" is a turnoff for many viewers...so they are basically hidden from view.

But GH is a case study in mismanagement, so one cannot assume sound decision making is at the root of ANYTHING on that show.

• Members

I think if they want to keep this going with Ethan and bring on his mother, father and even Emma then they MUST re-cast him. This guy is an awful actor. But I don't think GH really cares what the fans think anyway.

Archived