Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen

Toups

• Administrator

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmgbbGJW6ZE

I believe Soundwave (my favorite Transformer) and The Constucticons/Devastator (some of my other fav Transformers) are going to be in this film. :) Soundwave probably won't be a tape recorder (I already prepared myself for that :(), so all I want is for him to have the same voice (I know that's a small chance though) as the 80's cartoon and for him to be able to "shoot out" the likes Ravage, Rumble, Laserbeak, etc. I loved the original so much, it's going to be a bit disappointing seeing another incarnation. :(

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm worried, Toups. It took me about three viewings of the first one to finally let go of the G1 fanboy in me, and accept that this was just the way the Transformers were going to be on film, in spite of all my frustrations with the movie. I can finally now see it and not want to rip Bay's eyeballs out. I'm hoping there's more personality, more spark, and more of the general Shakesperean/Richard III/King Lear tone I always got from the original concept in the second movie. The battle for the throne - be it any of the Primes, Megatron, Starscream, Shockwave, Galvatron, etc... or for that matter, the statement on war we got from... oh, say... the "brothers" Ironhide and Ratchet... always fascinated me, even as a kid, when I didn't fully understand the concepts.

But... it's Bay and LeBeouf. I'm not expecting miracles.

• Members

^^^ LOL! What can I say? Transformers was my childhood - it's definitely sacred ground to me. I know now that it was just a cartoon used to sell Japanese toys - but at the time, it was so much more to me.

And speaking of sacred ground - Michael Bay is said to be pursuing Frank Welker to voice Soundwave - FINALLY! Some respect!!!!! (Welker voiced Megatron and Soundwave in the original cartoon - and was overlooked for Megatron in the movie, going with Hugo Weaving instead)

Archived