January 26-30, 2009

Toups

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yay for Days.

I highly doubt it was because dee/drake. really? soaps went up in general, and days has been holding steady in recent weeks, months infact aside from a few major drops/gains.

besides, remember all the "fans" of the show who claimed they wouldnt watch the last day in protest? what about thatg.

but whatever. next week when/if days goes down im sure it will be "because D&D are gone! because others were fired" and then the next week when it goes up again it will "because people are tuning in for steve & kayla!" lolz.

• Members

When you have watched a soap for 20 + years and today see characters that you have come to adore being treated the way they have been, then you can judge. Longtime fans have a right to bitch and moan about it, like it or not. And so what if people who said they wouldn't watch D and D's last episode had a change of heart and wanted to see them one last time? Deal with it. We'll see what the ratings are next week.

• Members

Thanks Toups. I will be interested to see the dailies when they're posted.

And of course you know some folks will blame any fall for Y&R next week on the cabin scenes....but I don't care one hoot about what ratings those scenes get, they were amazing and I am still basking in the afterglow of how beautiful they were. ;)

• Members

ive watched almost as long as you have. i can judge.

and i dont need to deal with it. i dont have a personal issue with it. i just find it funny.

and again, like i have said, it cant really be said what causes days to go up and down. Its so extreme and seems toi have very little to nothing to do with the storys or whos on. It seems like people watch when they do and dont when they dont. That simple. How else do you explain the extreme ups, the falls, the gains. its never steady.

and im sure when/if it falls next week it will be "because d and d are gone!" and when it goes up the week after its "because people want to see steve and kayla!" and so on and so on and so on...

• Members

Yeah, it's pretty sad when people won't watch Ron Crap even when snowed in :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Regardless, either a whole bunch of kids were home from school, or a lot of older folks got let out of work. The 18-49 numbers didn't show muc growth, yet all the shows recorded more viewers. Next week is gonna be a big across the board dump. Well, maybe not for OLTL. I think ReRon has managed to get that show so no one watches it anymore except for people who like his campy mess and newbies.

Archived