GH/Y&R: GH Actress to Y&R!?

• Members

This is the first I've heard of this!

Adrianne Leon is joining the cast of "The Young & The Restless" in January as Colleen.

Link 1

Link 2

Meanwhile, I think that this news sucks. I have no interest whatsoever in Colleen, she was always boring when I watched. And Adrianne Leon sucks donkey ass!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

[!@#$%^&*]. I was hoping it would say Robin Christopher to take over role of Mari Jo Mason.

Much as Skye is my favorite soap character (tied with Sheila), i hate her backburner status on GH. Robin so talented and amazing, she deserves to thrive.

Adrienne Leon, i have no opinion. Brook is the biggest fashion disaster in daytime!

• Members

This news seriously sucks. Before I started watching Y&R regularly, I would tune in from time to time, and Colleen seriously bored me to tears.

Add with that the fact that Adrianne Leon has no talent?

Icky.

• Members

I haven't seen much of Leon, from what I did see she was decent. I think she'll do okay as Colleen, but yeah they cannot dress her like Brook.

I disagree that Colleen isn't needed, she's Brad and Traci's daughter, a big part of the Abbott family. She, along with Billy are the actual teens who should be on the show (unlike Kevin & JT).

I think a big part of Colleen's problem was she was painted far too saintly. I'm sorry but teens are not *that* sweet. Colleen was great when she had the drug storyline, but after that she became this poster child for perfection. They have got to amend her character and I think Leon could bring an edgier side to the role.

• Members

I am a huge fan of Adrianne Leon. Although I am sad to see her leave GH, I think it would better for her to move to a show where she could have a storyline. Brook is wasted on GH, especially with Lois gone, and Ned now on recurring status. Adrianne is a true talent, and GH was lucky to have her for as long as they did. Her jumping to Y&R may just be what it takes to get me watching that show full time.

• Members

I'm not a fan or anything, but I think Leon is a good actress. I also think she's VERY beautiful but GH did every thing in their power to make her look a hot mess. All of their women look terrible, but it's as if she killed someones cat or something.

I wish her well at Y&R! Colleen is such a bore, especially with GayT, but I'll take her over Lily anyday.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 9 2005, 11:28 AM)

I wish her well at Y&R! Colleen is such a bore, especially with GayT.

:lol:

Be careful: JT is da hunk ya know. He's the new TGVN, a real womanizer. It won't take long that JT has several ex-wives across town who battle each over his sperm... ;)

As for a Colleen recast. Is she REALLY needed? Or at least this saintly and boring image they painted of this character. JT and Mac are worse enough already so why tripple the pain!? I feel I'd be very tempted to hit the FF button all the time they're sharing scenes... Normally I don't do that on Y&R and it rarely happens that I'm even tempted to do so. Bob and Britt proved to be my master exam for patience. ;)

• Members

I myself am only 17, and while I enjoy watching some of the teen storylines, they aren't what draws me into the show. ABC, especially GH, has a horrible reputation for disrespecting its veterans, and I for one couldn't be more upset about it. I'd love to see more stories involving Alan, Monica, Tracy, Edward, Ned, Bobbie, Tony, Audrey, Lesley, Laura, etc. All the people that made the show what it is today. Actually, I take that back. If they were honored they way they should have been, GH would be at the top of the ratings race. Instead, they turned General Hospital into the 'Sonny & Friends Hour', completely disrespecting and destroying what all those wonderful and talented actors worked so hard to build. So while I do enjoy watching some of the teen stories, I’d prefer to watch the veterans in action. But in the case of General Hospital, I’ll take what I can get, and unfortunately, that’s the thirty minutes a week dedicated to the teens and the ten minutes a week reserved for the veterans.

Archived