American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My rankings......

Again the consistency shows the 2 best are the best again.

(1)(tied) Lee DeWyze ---- awesome, current, rocking version of "Hey Jude", stage presence getting better and better, could've done w/o the bagpipes.

(1)(Tied) Crystal Bowersox ----- another awesome performance by the by far best woman on this season and ranking up there with Kelly Clarkson, Carly Smithson, Jennifer Hudson & Carrie Underwood as one of the best women ever on IDOL. Her "Come Together" was something I could here on radio now, very current, and slightly more uptempo than most of what she's done previously.

(3) Casey James -----almost tied for 1st place..... may just be his best performance.... I almost forgot about this John Lennon song "Jealous Guy", but he made it very current, emotional and different type of performance from him.

(4) Katie Stevens ---- one of her best performances also. She better not be in the bottom 3 this week (she didn't deserve it the last 2 wks either imho, but much better this week), again current sounding, and glad not the same ol, same ol on "Let It Be"

(5) Tim Urban ----- wow, when he plays guitar he's a different guy! very,very much improved over the last 3 wks, wouldn't be surprised if his "All My Loving" kept him out of the Bottom 2 or 3 this week, definitley doesn't belong there this wk.

(6) Michael "Big Mike" Lynche ----althought I personally cannot stand his cocky personality, I've got to admit he was good this week and I agree with all the panel except Simon, that he sounded current with his "Eleanor Rigby".... I still wouldnt mind him getting voted off though, lol.

My Bottom 3.......

(7) Andrew Garcia ---- I liked his "Can't Buy Me Love", but it did sort of sounded very similiar to other stuff he's done earlier, and the other 6 above were all better, with only Lynche just a hair better. No longer a fave of mine, I think he'll be the one called safe from the Bottom 2,

(8) Aaron Kelly --- Although pretty good this week, he's a lot worse than he's been and too old and boring and I agree he should've changed "The Long and Winding Road" to more current and even agree a country angle may have worked for him this week. This little teen could be going home, unless a bunch of teenage girls vote for him a la David Archuleta.

(9) Siobhan Magnus ---- sadly once my 2nd fave of the season, she's faltered in the last 2 weeks and I think her boring and sleep inducing version of "Across the Universe" may have been her ticket home.

Can't wait to see Rihanna tomorrow night. I bet she'll be singing her latest "Rude Boy". Also interest in seeing Jason Derulo performing live for the time, probably doing his current hit "In My Head", I wonder what Archie is going to sing>? Does the little boy have a new cd coming out?

• Members
Agree!! McCartney & Lennon ARE two of the best songwriters of all time.

This is my take on the performances...

Katie did a beautiful version of Let it Be. I'm impressed actually. She changed it up just about the right amount. For weeks I've seen her as bottom three material. But not this week!

Andrew did a good job of Can't Buy Me Love. I like it. Would've liked to see him sing Hey Jude instead of Lee, and Lee could've done this one. Then we would've seen Lee do something other then what he's doing every week. And I know Andrew would've done a kick a$$ version of Hey Jude. Nothing like what Lee did.

Tim Urban. Where to start... Well, he should NOT be in the bottom two this week, that's for sure! He's great with a guitar, loved it! The dude can actually sing.

Big Mike. Don't like the way he's portraying songs. I know some people like that kind of style, but I find it boring to hear the same stuff every week. I have nothing against if some of the contestants are doing the same style/type of performances week after week... as long as it's good. But I just find what he's doing really boring.

Bowersox. She's usually good almost every week. Sometimes I get a little tired of her performances, but this week she did awesome! Loved it, and loved the didgeridoo. :)

SiobhanNever liked her. I think she's very overrated by the jury, and I want her to go home. Last night was booooring.

Aaron. In my opinion he should be in the bottom two, shouldn't be going home though. He wasn't bad, but it was just an ok performance.

Casey James. Let me just start by saying that Casey was never really a favorite of mine. I didn't dislike him, there were just others that caught my attention more.

But OMG, that performance was such a (I'm afraid to say it...) turn on. lol Sometimes when you watch the show on the TV you find performances like this one slightly boring. But I watched it on my comp with my headphones on, volumed turned up. I couldn't take my eys off him.

• Members

I think Big Mike being the one that was supposed to go home was shocking in a way because of the way the show's been pimping him since the tryouts. I am pissed though that the judges used The Save to save him, hopefully it won't backfire and we lose someone awesome like Lee or Crystal, and hopefully it'll backfire on the judges and Big Mike will get his arse out of there next week. I was surprised that Andrew was in the Bottom 2, I think Aaron or Siobhan should've been instead, surprised she wasn't in the bottom 3.

• Members

It sickens me that they used "the save" on Big Mike. The should've used it when it was really needed further along the road.

And yes, Siobhan and/or Aaron should've been in the bottom two. But then again, I want Mike gone so I'm hoping that happens next week.

• Members

I prefer Tim to Mike, and that save was a travesty. Nobody is really a standout this year--they all basically suck except for one or two--but at least Tim is likable, smiles in the face of adversity and plugs along despite the best efforts of the judges to run him off the show. Mike being saved was a travesty, as is the save in general. Why not just stop the voting in general and just pick who you want to win? It is what the show basically does anyway.

• Members

My rankings for this week's Elvis Presley.

(1) Crystal Bowersox ---- absolutely loved her this week, a different, changed up style, gospel Elvis on "Saved" Wow!

(2) Lee DeWyze --- very good again this week, but with Crystal's awesome performance tonight, had to place Lee, my fave guy this season, in the #2 spot. Loved his bluesy rock "A Little Less Conversation"

(3) Katie Stevens ---- probably her best performance yet, "Baby, What Do You Want Me to Do?" is very current and must've pissed Simon off, lol, with his scathing reviews out of great reviews from the rest.

(4) Tim Urban ----- maybe his best performance too, his "Can't Help Falling In Love" was very current, Tim's really improving.

(5) Siobhan Magnus --- we she followed Adam Lambert's advice and did a more uptempo version of "Suspicous Minds", and I kinda think she picked the wrong song too, but still out of the rest imho she ranks 5th. She really needs to go back to what she was doing at the begining of the Top 12

(6) Casey James ---- Casey really disappointed me this week. I expected much better from him. His pick of "Lodi Ms. Clodi" was a very poor choice and may show he doesn't like Elvis imho.

(7) Aaron Kelly ---- "Blue Suede Shoes" was the wrong song for him, I agree with Adam Lambert that Aaron needs more self-confidence.

and going home (imho)

(8) Andrew Garcia---- his "Hound Dog" was karoake sounding, back to disaappointment and the same ol same ol, it's time for you to go Andrew ;(

(9) Big Mike Lynche ---- his "In the Ghetto" was very boring, bland and out of tune, no soul or passion in it at all, Please go home, you cocky s.o.b.!!!!!

Adam Lambert imho was one of the best mentors this season, if not the best, Gave good advice to the contestants and wasn't afraid to criticize either (which I loved). Adam should've won IDOL last year and is doing good now, Can't wait to hear him sing tomorrow night. Hope he sings "Whattaya Want From Me"

Was Ryan drunk, he sure acted like it, acted like he was struck on Adam, the slip that Adam was great with his tongue!!, dancing with what's his name The X Factor.

• Members

Yes I think Bowersox is overrated as well. I kind of feel uncomfortable watching her sing, looks weird.

Didn't see what was so special with lee's performance either... kind of what he always does. There's nothing new with him ever.

Tim on the other hand... I'm shocked that I'm even liking him right now. Simon's comment to him was spot on. Great performance.

Actually Liked Big Mike too. For me Tim and Mike were the best durig this night. I HOPE Siobhan goes home. Can't stand her and her hideous voice!!! Suspicious minds is one of my favorite Elvis songs.

My friend's dad died at the age of 54 and Suspicious minds was played at his funeral since it was his absolute favorite song. Wow, did Siobhan ruin that song or what?!

• Members

Adam Lambert was great on IDOL tonight. Brooke White sucked as she almost always did on IDOL. Who gave this woman a recording contract and why was she invited back to IDOL. Who the hell is Justin Gatston, or whatever, he sung a little better than White, but that's not saying much, nor could they sing well together which may be the reason he scuked as well.

Crystal is NOT overrated at all. She's byfar more talented than most of the other contestants this year, with only Lee DeWyze and Casey James coming near her, and I like them, esp. Lee as well as Crystal. Big Mike "I'm cocky as hell and In love with my big self" Lynche is the most over-rated contestant on IDOL since the equallyby horrible Taylor Hicks.

Kinda glad Andrew went home, but was absolutely horrible that Katie went home, I thought this week was one of her best, if not best. Oh well, America did vote for George W. Bush (maybe) and Republicans voted for McCain/Palin, so one never knows....

Archived