American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How pathetic was Kris showing up on Idol already??? You know he needs more Idol fame to sell his awful CD which I hate...lol. Other Idol winners havent returned to Idol until the finale of the following year or until they were the mega stars they are now. Kris will soon be forgotten if he hasnt already. If Adam can get his act together he might be good enough to have staying power. To this day I havent heard a Kris Allen song on the radio....lol At least I have heard Adam's singles on the radio in my area.

I was going to say something else but drawing a blank right now...lol

edit...lol....both Kris and Adam will have a song of theirs on the Now thats music 33 coming out in a few weeks.

• Members

The main reason Kris returned so soon was because of the Haitian relief effort. He's doing others things, too, though. For one, he sung the national anthem at one of the big post-season NFL games (it was one of Drew's games, so you know I was watching :lol:).

I wish people would stop trying to make Adam and Kris compete. They have two completely different musical styles, and now that Idol is far, far in their pasts, there's no need for there to be warring fanbases.

ETA: Good God! The Now Series? I forgot that even existed haha I had Now 1-5 when I was middle school, but I've since lost them :(

• Members
I have to agree on that. Ellen sort of represents us (the viewers). She has that "untrained" point of view, like we have. So I'm not complaining at all about her presence. Plus I also like Ellen's personality... atleast on her show. :)

Just to mention the singers ral quick. Didi is my favorite of the girls! I loved when she sang "Terrified", "The Way I Am" and "Rhiannon". Amazing! And Andrew is still my fav of the guys. They don't get his music selctions. I do. Although, I wouldn't have chosen the Aguilera song.

I kind of like Lee Dewyze. And O.M.G... I can't believe Alex Lambert went home before Tim Urban!! Tim had ONE good song which was "Hallelujah". Other then that he was so baaad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Terrible terrible group this season. Some guy with larigynitis is treated as a god. And these songs are so old and tired. I think the only one I haven't heard recycled yet is Knock On Wood.

Randy and Kara are worthless (you can't connect to an audience until you sell hundreds of millions of albums?? So why even have a show at all??) and Ellen is a less medicated Paula.

• Members
Kara is just beyond dumb and rude for that matter. Simon can be rude, but he's just like that. And well... I don't know.. it's different with him. There can't be two people acting llike Simon. he's the original, and it should stay that way.

I don't even have words to describe Kara. And why does she talk like she does... by that I meen the tone in her voice. Like she's soooo cool or something. Really immature. Ugh!

• Members

Pity vote or them knowing that I can watch this season for comedy if the talent isn't there.

Casey can't sing for [!@#$%^&*], but he plays a mean guitar. I'd like to see him put it down so that everyone can see how horrid his singing is.

But I would tear that behind UP.

Okay, yeah, I'm starting to realize how much filler and time wasting they pack into this show. A half hour in, and only two performances.

• Members

Yeah...we know this year sucks so let's show behind the scenes stage drama.....LOL

I liked Casey better this week than last week. For a minute there I thought you had posted ... I'd like to see him put it down so that everyone can see how hung he is.laugh.gif

So youd go after his ass..hmmmm...never noticed it...lol

Archived