American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

3, 6, 8 & 12 are definitely my faves!

I think 8 might be my fave. I loved the addition of Kara. Though she was mostly grating at times, I loved that the judge count was even both in number & gender (loved this about 12 as well). The season also provided my favorite idol performance of all time, Adam Lambert's "Ring Of Fire" AMAZING!

I get chills evrytim

• Members

The show was good right up until Paula left.  Was that season 8?  After she left and they brought Ellen in it wasn't right and Simon somehow knew it was time to leave.   Early American Idol though was excellent.  I love these  and remember this so well

• Members

The last season I enjoyed more of than I didn't was season 6, although the show's obsession with Jordin marred it.

I think the best seasons were 1-3, then 5 (aside from shrill McPhee, another producer pet).

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Season 10 was the last season I watched with any regularity, and they REALLY got into the essence of the show's glory days tonight. Extremely well-done finale, and I only saw the second hour. I didn't think they'd be able to top Simon's last episode, but they knocked it out of the park.

It hasn't been my show in years, but I'll still miss it. No other competitive singing show in the US will ever top it, especially that heyday from about Season 3 to Season 8.

• Members

They should have ended Idol after season 9. The show was not the same without Paula and Simon and the winners chosen got absurd and ridiculous. The season before this one was downright awful and so was the winner. This season I watched towards the very end and thought LaPorsha should have  won over Trent….I even like Dalton over Trent….thats why I am glad the show is over but is it? I have heard rumors Idol might be back on another network but with a different look. And I was surprised to see Clay there after he trashed Idol and the judges…LOL

• Members

The finale was more about seeing past judges, hosts and the winners and runner-ups of the show with some other former top 10 finalists included. I just hate what they did to the theme music. They totally botched it through the years. It sounded so generic the last couple of years and don't get me started on the awful judges the past couple of years.

• Members

It was a nice nostalgia trip to see all the familiar faces and original judges. Was a huge fan of the first, about 8/9 seasons of the show. Gave up after too many white guys with a guitar won and overall lackluster singers. It was almost sad seeing the forgettable white guys with a guitar that were all shoved together tonight, while all the women who should have won those seasons SLAYED. Well, David Cook shouldn't have been shoved in with them and Phillip Phillips is talented and has had some nice success. It was a good nod to everything about Idol. I'm glad it's going out now although I suspect it will be revived at some point.

Zzzz to Trent winning. I knew LaPorsha wouldn't, although she should have.

Archived