American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh, we only watch 10 minutes of Idol to see Candice. That's about it.

I always liked Angie, she's definitely talented and should continue focusing on writing music. But has anyone else noticed she kinda looks like John Arbuckle from the Garfield comics?

Lazaro, poor thing suffers from hyperhydrosis. I don't know why they didn't treat that for him after the first or second week cuz his face would be SOAKED by the end of each performance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It has become a mess. Nicki is all wrong and has been disrespectful all season. I thought it would be funny, but she comes across hateful in some of the things she says.

They have been hitting series lows dropping below Season 1 levels this season. With this and The X-Factor underperforming, I wonder how long FOX will hold on to these shows.

Have to admit, I want to see how far the show will go next year if the new judges suck. tongue.png

• Members

I just love that while AI was trying to find a way to fire Mariah, and she got wind to it and put a stop to it (I think its bad taste to try and fire someone so close to the end of a season too) now she wants to leave on "her own terms." I won't mind her leaving the show one bit as she added absolutely nothing and was out to lunch 95% of the time.

I just love that while AI was trying to find a way to fire Mariah, and she got wind to it and put a stop to it (I think its bad taste to try and fire someone so close to the end of a season too) now she wants to leave on "her own terms." I won't mind her leaving the show one bit as she added absolutely nothing and was out to lunch 95% of the time.

• Members

HAHA!

The show's recent troubles make me think back to when this show was literally EVERYTHING. This show was so huge, I remember when we would come to class or work the next day and talk about who won. And everyone knew who won, hell everyone knew who came in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th place! Nowadays, I really can't name any winners after Jordin Sparks. :lol:

• Members

The interminable David Cook season killed it for me. They were so desperate for some type of credibility...in the form of a guy who was mostly popular for a few angsty rock covers of 80s pop songs.

• Members

I'm with you on that Carl.

And then this season. I liked it, because the girls were very good, but it was clearly slanted in their favor. Like, seriously in their favor, LOL.

They also need to do away with the dated theme nights. Let them write their own songs, be assigned songs, maybe pick a few songs here and there... FOX also needs to stop trying to milk Idol. Cut down on it, such as the Audition episodes.

However, can I say I loved it when "frontrunner" Angie was booted? I was actually pretty surprised. I'm glad it's Kree and Candice in the finale. Angie doesn't need to win because she'll probably do just fine on her own. I suspect she won't fade away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I think the show's loads better than it has been in years. Not saying a LOT but I like that there was more of a focus on the good singers, and it felt almost old school Idol in the beginning, and I usually skip the early rounds because of how dragged out it used to be, the bad performances, etc.

Harry is definitely a huge improvement. Does Keith ever talk? LOL. The judges are so much better. JLo's boring as !@#$%^&*] but whatever. I'll take her over everything's gotta be made about me Mariah Carey.

I'm also watching to support Kristen O'Connor. She's literally from my hometown. And not in a "oh it's actually an hour away" nah, it's Sebastian. It's so weird. NO ONE knows about this town, lol, except for news stories. It's funny watching the Kaitlyn Hunt Sebastian story on 20/20 and then seeing Sebastian on American Idol. Sooo weird.

I do question some of the judges decisions. I'm not saying I love JLo's track record and the white man with a guitar winning for two years in a row.

Archived