American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel like I was watching a different show than the judges were for the most part last night.

THANK YOU Nicki Minaj for speaking the truth every week. She's by far my favorite. Keith is really growing on me too, he's starting to give a little more criticism but he and Mariah both sugarcoat their criticism.

I'm not a fan of the duets. At least not this week. They were all pretty awful. If they have to pad the show, just make it an hour, please. I'm happy with the talent this season, overall, so it sucks to see ratings dropping, but IMHO, it's fatigue from so many hours of it, the long and drawn out auditions that don't get nearly the buzz they used to (cut them down!) that seems to last for months so by the time the actual competition begins you've already been watching for two months and it's just too much, IMO. Anyway ...

I wasn't all that fond of Amber's performance. LOL. I thought it was cheesy in parts and she reminded me of Angie half the time (very pageantry). It sounded a bit karaoke at times but then at times it sounded really good and complimented her.

Angie was good. The song suited her but Keith was right, she needs to get more into the music and focus less on eye-[!@#$%^&*] the cameras and the theatrics.

Burnell was alright. He had a rough night. I think at times his voice is unique and I like it but he was often overpraised for his songs in the past.

Lazaro was better last night and I sort of liked him again, but I still think he has to go. He forgot the lyrics. AGAIN.

Candice was, for me, the best last night. She's amazing. Even though the song choice was meh, I loved Janelle too. She's really starting to become a dark horse contender.

I like Kree a lot but she's been overpraised in the past. Not so much last night, probably one of her weakest performances, likely because of the pinched nerve. A pinched nerve sucks. I give her such credit for singing through it, like Candice and her broken toe.

I think Burnell could go tonight but I hope, again, it's Lazaro. NO idea who's in the bottom with them.

• Members

Ugh, I hated last night for the most part. I think I like it better when contestants sing ballad type songs! They give them more potential moments to shine. Nothing against rock though. I still faithfully listen to my 90s grunge collection. LOL. Plus a few current bands I discovered and think don't get enough attention.

OMG...I cringed when I found out Lazaro was singing "We Are The Champions" nbe.jpg I guess he did OK though. Still hope he goes home. LOL

Even her fellow idol competitors said Angie works the cameras.

IMO she butchered that classic Evanescence song! Flat & horrid!

Mariah has slowly made me DESPISE the word "Darling" (Daahling rolleyes.gif) SHUTUP!

• Members

Yes. And as always it's about her. DAAAAAAHLING, I remember when I first heard that song. Or "I covered that song" ... I get she's trying to "relate" to them, but lol she comes off so self absorbed it's hilarious.

I quite like the judging panel. Too bad critics seem to hate Nicki, the only one who's the most honest to them.

I know DialIdol is hardly accurate anymore but

IMO, and I love them, but Kree and Angie are starting to become a little overrated.

• Members

I get they are sponsors but can they stop the car commercials? And the group singing? Then the show could probably be a half hour ... lol. Heaven forbid they cut back on a show viewers are clearly feeling fatigue over. Despite what should be an overall good season. I find these singers far better than the last few seasons, guys aside, which, even though I approve of it, was clearly stacked in the girls favor.

YAY! THANK YOU Jimmy! They all did pick the wrong songs!

• Members

Candice is amazing and to me proved last night why she should win this show.

I'm all for Kree as well but Candice should win.

Amber was good. I think they overpraise her some, but she's very good.

They have to pick on one girl I guess and Janelle's easy. Her song choices were kind of boring and not all that great. Wasn't her best night.

Lazaro ... god awful. I'm glad the judges are just 'done' with him. I know I sure am.

I'm dreading the results show tonight. I'm tired of Lazaro getting through each week. And the Top 3 last week? WTF? That still ticks me off LOL

• Members

OMG...Yes, finally! BYE LAZ.. LOL

That 1st performance by him was...I don't know what the F. A travesty. Omg

Meanwhile, Candice brought the house down once again. She's been good the last few weeks but not since "I Who Have Nothing" has she shown such vocal prowess. I am going to need her to make moves like that from here 'til the end! I need her to win this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7acuT6Sydc4

Just brilliant!

Can't believe Amber was in the bottom two tonight sad.png She is still my second fave followed by Kree. I would be happy with any combination w/Candice in the final 2.

Angie is the absolute worst. Like not even her voice. Everything else. No

KMan you hit the nail on the head...Janelle is just the easiest girl for the judges to pick on. I feel bad for her a bit, I do think she has a much better voice and personality than Angie who seems to be winning over people w/that sh!t eating pageant grin. Ugh!

Archived