American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They're repeating it Saturday? Interesting!

I actually had fun watching the premiere. I hear ratings are down 10%, but I thought it was already improved from last year (which I was bored with!). There seems to be a lot of talent with the people they picked in Kansas City and Phoenix, I'm excited for next week. And I DO like the new judge, Kara. She brings a new element to the judges.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

As I was watching AI, I noticed that there was something strange about the new judge, Cara, that I just couldn't put my finger on. Then I realized that she reminded me of someone....Tamara Braun. Does anyone else see it? Not really in the way she looks, but in her mannerisms. The way she speaks, even her little arm waving (although not as extreme as Tamara.)

• Members

Out of the guys tonight, I liked Kris Allen. He really surprised me. I don't get the Adam Lambert hype. It's obvious Idol wants him in the top 12 otherwise they would not have given him the pimp spot. He's just too over the top for me. Vote for Kris!

Out of the girls, I liked Allison Iraheta however, she needs to stop trying to act like someone else. She doesn't have a genuine personality. But she's a typical 16 year old.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived