December 15-19, 2008

Toups

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think most shows will either stay the same or go up in viewers. Towards the end of that week there was a major winter storm that hit everything from the midwest to the entire northeast. I would expect the Thursday and Friday numbers to be higher than usual. But then again, what do I know...

• Members

That is very good to see. They deserve those numbers.

I can see Y&R hitting the 4.0 mark in two weeks time. It is very possible.

And Wow ATWT back at #3 in Total Viewers...and almost 3 million viewers. :o

B&B with a 3.0 on Tuesday ...nice job..too bad they went down for the week.

Glad to see soaps up this week. They are usually down this week.

Thanks Toups for the ratings!! ;)

• Members

1. Y&R 5,215,000 (+45,000)

3. ATWT 2,904,000 (+111,000/-218,000)

5. GH 2,800,000 (+6,000/-142,000)

6. AMC 2,690,000 (+123,000/+224,000)

7. OLTL 2,684,000 (+193,000/+271,000)

8. GL 2,176,000 (+37,000/-387,000)

these shows gained viewers from the previous week

so maybe some of these viewers were home, planning parties out and about but still watching their shows.

Not disagreeing but

Just saying

• Members

I'm about to fall out after looking at the growth from these ratings. All 8 soaps have become watchable and the writing is the best its been since 2006 for most of the soaps. This is probably the best time to watch the soaps right now. As they're having a great December right now.

WOW! Y&R a 3.9 on multiple days. WOW!

WOW! B&B a 3.0 on Tuesday. WOW!

WOW! ATWT getting a 2.2 and close to 3 million viewers on multiple days. WOW!

WOW! GL back to 2.5 million viewers. WOW!

Y&R finally is inching closer to 4.0 like I predicted before once the writing gets back. This show is red hot right now and all the storylines have become watchable. Even the Michael episode on Friday was well done. Glad they showed that 1989 eppy on Christmas. Need to do that more often.

CBS had a super week for all of their soaps reaching highs that they haven't seen since earlier in the year. Looks like every soap has tuned it up with their writing.

DAYS staying really consistent and the ABC soaps are on the up also and I expect OLTL to have a great January and February coming up. AMC is really watchable now. GH becoming more watchable.

I usually pass on the Christmas episodes, but they were really done well for each soap especially ATWT during the December 22-26, 2008 week.

All the changes these show's made to their writing staffs have worked so far.

• Members

You must be a current writer on a soap. :lol:;) You are so cheerful/positive with your post. But I agree with the WOW on your posts..except Y&R dropped back to 3.5 on Thursday. It is still good it could maintain a 3.9 for three straight days. B&B hit a high of 3.0 but dropped -.5 by the end of the week to a 2.5. And GL could only maintain the 2.5 total viewers for one day. The audience sampled the show and hated it and left in droves. They lost almost 500,000 viewers by the time Friday came along. That's not a good sign for GL.

And after all the OLTL hype. The show is dead last amoung the ABC soaps in Total Viewers. I actually think GH should be there but oh well. :lol:

It was a good week for soaps though. A little increase is always good.

Archived