November 28 - December 2, 2005

Toups

• Members

That means that GH is watched in more households, but in those households, fewer people are watching together.

Days, meanwhile, is watched in FEWER households... but they're watched by larger groups of people together, meaning that Days is actually viewed by more people -- just in bigger groups, and fewer homes.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah and in all my years of living I've only known of 1 family friend who was asked to participate in that family journal thing and even he admitted to me he didn't always write in what he was watching. So there goes the accuracy...Seriously, they have no idea who watches what show and when and how many people are sitting there watching it. Absolutely no way.

And do the boxes on the TV really know if you tape a soap everyday and report that to the Nelson's? Ratings are shady...

• Members

Your right, it definetly is not accurate and until a nielsen improves the way that they count viewers, the ratings will always be flawed.

I don't know if the boxes can tell if something is being taped or not, I am sure there is something we are missing in this process, they can't just say total viewers are this without SOME SORT of direct information.

• Members

Yeah, they have to be able to base it off something - I wish they would just outright tell us all the rules and how exactly they get their ratings info. Shouldn't there be a regulatory agency out there that requires that?? haha, I really am just curious...Maybe I'll write the Nielson's.

Archived