The Politics Thread

Just now, DRW50 said:

This all feels like another sideshow. Trump has idiots go out there to present the whole trial as a joke, the media nods along, Trump is acquitted, and time Democrats need for so much else is gone. 

As Schumer said this morning, the Democrats can and are already doing both this and the president's agenda at once. And the media coverage is overwhelmingly in favor of the Dems today.

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• Vee

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Vee said:

As Schumer said this morning, the Democrats can and are already doing both this and the president's agenda at once. And the media coverage is overwhelmingly in favor of the Dems today.

I was mostly thinking of the stuff you mentioned (and is still going it seems) where various NYT bigwigs were trying to make a scandal of Biden not commenting on the impeachment. 

10 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

I was mostly thinking of the stuff you mentioned (and is still going it seems) where various NYT bigwigs were trying to make a scandal of Biden not commenting on the impeachment. 

Who cares? They're not controlling the narrative or public opinion on this.

1 hour ago, dragonflies said:

LMAO funny you post this, this is trending on twitter about this very thing LOL

It is? LOL!!! I caught the end and just sat here with Lon Chaney when he turns into The Wolfman look on my face.

But why doesn't the president tweet, and complain about things? We need the sound bites for our 24/7 news cycles Psaki. 

They will push this and push this until it becomes a dominant narrative. Generally conservative sympathetic sites like Hotline are also starting to push the talking point that Biden has already failed on schools, vaccines, etc. I hope the public won't fall for it and I hope Democrats don't get spooked, but I can't really assume otherwise.

Edited by DRW50
24 minutes ago, Skin said:

But why doesn't the president tweet, and complain about things? We need the sound bites for our 24/7 news cycles Psaki. 

Please register in order to view this content