The Politics Thread

6 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I could see him going on Dancing With the Stars if it weren't for him seemingly taking his views very seriously about not being around other women.

He should have had better exit plans post-Trump. He clearly thought he could glom on for 4-8 years and be set up, but Trump never gave a damn about him (and wouldn't have even if Pence had gone even further in trying to steal the election), and now Trump's brain-dead cult will also ensure he has no real future post-VP.

Such a craven slug. 

His political future in the GOP is finished but he  will land somewhere. Some of the left applauded him for the doing the right thing at the certification of the Electoral College when he was just doing his job. When Trump decides to run again  for President  in 2024 (I'm going on the assumption that he not going to be convicted and is still alive), Ivanka is probably going to be his running mate. It's rumored that she's going to run for Senator in Florida in 2022.

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• Vee

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, sivad40 said:

When Trump decides to run again  for President  in 2024

He'll never run on the GOP ticket again. I doubt he'll even ever run again, he'll just raise money on the idea. And he'll never hold office again.

1 hour ago, Vee said:

He'll never run on the GOP ticket again. I doubt he'll even ever run again, he'll just raise money on the idea. And he'll never hold office again.

Agreed. Even if he doesn't get convicted in the impeachment trial (and given that only 5 Republican senators are for it so far, I'm almost positive he'll be acquitted - sadly), he's going to be neck deep in litigation for years to come. 

Some people down the street from me blacked out Pence's name on their Trump sign and flag. There is a lot of irrational anger towards Pence over him not trying to invalidate the election results even though he had not authority to.

The GOP are doing what they always do with extremists - they are taking Marjorie Taylor Greene's money and harnessing her following, while going to the media to pretend they are concerned. And the media, which always needs to believe the best of them, nods along.

Speaking of that, I still keep wondering if Manchin and Sinema will force some kind of bare bones "bipartisan" package and refuse to do anything else. 

I know a lot of people hate AOC, feel she is overdramatic, attention-seeking, etc. but I'm glad she shut down Ted Cruz's naked attempt to pivot to, "Look, everyone can agree, so forget the riot Ted Cruz helped foment ever happened!" Ted Cruz thrives on being a partisan, and no amount of phony "can't we all just get along" posturing should ever erase the damage he has done over the last decade. If he weren't so embarrassingly and obviously self-loathing and eager for approval, I can't imagine how much worse his effects would have been on this country.