Jump to content

The Politics Thread


Recommended Posts

It literally brings tears to my eyes to read that statement from Biden.  How I have missed this kind of sensibility from our leaders.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 35.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DRW50

    4675

  • DramatistDreamer

    4466

  • Vee

    4439

  • Khan

    2970

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This fits with a lot of what you hear about Florida's Democratic Party (for years now) - and is one of the reasons I've felt the national party may be better off just writing the state off, if possible.

 

 

Edited by DRW50
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OzFrog said:

This thread about people affected by QAnon is utterly horrifying:

 

 

For me, this one hits particularly close to home.  As y'all know, Mama Khan has become a QAnon believer.  Yesterday, she remarked, "All I really cared about...was that Trump would remove the pedophiles."  (She also brought up the "watermark theory" that's been floating around, the one even Glenn Beck had to dismiss because it's just so ludicrous on its' face).  We'd already had our post-election blowout, and I wasn't in the mood for another, so I just let her talk.  But, c'mon.  As if Trump would ever CARE about extinguishing pedos from government.  The s.o.b. couldn't even "drain the swamp," and he had no intention to, either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. A lot of people, buttressed by some terrible polling, didn't get how prominent split-ticket voting or checks and balances type voting would be. Biden and Collins had a huge crossover vote. I've seen some, like Jeet Heer, trying to blame Biden because he supports bipartisanship, but that's a lot of nonsense - it's more that the country is far more right wing and easily persuaded by Republican and media-friendly Republican takes than by the left.

 

Georgia is going to be hard, especially because a lot of the suburban vote that went for Biden won't be going downballot. I don't know if Ossoff has any real shot. I am hoping Warnock might manage to get through based on how truly repulsive Kelly Loeffler is, but it's going to be hard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DRW50 said:

This fits with a lot of what you hear about Florida's Democratic Party (for years now) - and is one of the reasons I've felt the national party may be better off just writing the state off, if possible.

 

 

 

One more time:

 

Looney Tunes Florida GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Khan said:

 

For me, this one hits particularly close to home.  As y'all know, Mama Khan has become a QAnon believer.  Yesterday, she remarked, "All I really cared about...was that Trump would remove the pedophiles."  (She also brought up the "watermark theory" that's been floating around, the one even Glenn Beck had to dismiss because it's just so ludicrous on its' face).  We'd already had our post-election blowout, and I wasn't in the mood for another, so I just let her talk.  But, c'mon.  As if Trump would ever CARE about extinguishing pedos from government.  The s.o.b. couldn't even "drain the swamp," and he had no intention to, either.

 

I'm very sorry about what you're going through. I'm always terrified people I know will fall into this trap, especially as some of the friends of family members of mine are getting into it, or are close. And of course it's from Facebook.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Khan said:

 

For me, this one hits particularly close to home.  As y'all know, Mama Khan has become a QAnon believer.  Yesterday, she remarked, "All I really cared about...was that Trump would remove the pedophiles."  (She also brought up the "watermark theory" that's been floating around, the one even Glenn Beck had to dismiss because it's just so ludicrous on its' face).  We'd already had our post-election blowout, and I wasn't in the mood for another, so I just let her talk.  But, c'mon.  As if Trump would ever CARE about extinguishing pedos from government.  The s.o.b. couldn't even "drain the swamp," and he had no intention to, either.

 

You were the first person that came to mind when I saw that thread initially, along with @amybrickwallace. It is so devastating to see the effect that QAnon has had on people and their families. I’m so sorry that you’re going through this Khan. Just know that you have my support at the very least. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trumpism brought absurd conspiracy theories and misinformation to the mainstream, and sadly, I think that’s a longterm ramification that we’re going to have to deal with for generations to come (on both sides, to be fair). 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vee said:

 

Caveat: The Daily Mail.

 

 

I'd believe it.

14 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

Trumpism brought absurd conspiracy theories and misinformation to the mainstream, and sadly, I think that’s a longterm ramification that we’re going to have to deal with for generations to come (on both sides, to be fair).

 

Agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2020 at 11:24 AM, victoria foxton said:

 

  

 

@Soapsuds Hey Ron, remember all those months back when you Mean Girled me with a "quit trying to make Kamala happen" remark? 

 

Guess what? It HAPPENED! LOL 

 

J/K buddy. I'm overjoyed. This has been such a wonderful celebratory weekend. 

 

That thing currently occupying the White House will soon be just another old white ranting 'n raving lunatic on Twitter. #GurlBye  and wifey will divorce him by springtime for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...