The Politics Thread

7 minutes ago, Khan said:

Exactly.  The media wants Trump to make a last-minute comeback and win this thing.  Just as @DRW50 and others have been saying.

I actually think it's more what I said above: They want Biden to call it so they can point at him when the right hits them, because they're so whipped by the GOP and always trying to cater to Republicans. Pathetic.

6 minutes ago, Khan said:

Forty-six years in the political arena, and after finally grabbing the brass ring on his, what, third try?  THIS is the thanks he gets.

Yeah, the MSM can go straight to hell.

There were actually some very wonderful tributes this AM - amazingly, by frickin' Mika from Morning Joe, who was basically crying while reading from a book on Biden re: his long career and past losses running for POTUS. Not saying I have any illusions about Morning Joe, but at least those hosts said their network needs to call it.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Vee

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fox might very well be the first ones to call this race. If only to give their cast of clowns (Carlson, Hannity, Ingram, etc.) something to feast on and throw conspiracy theories at for the next month or so.

52 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Actually, @Khan, 2020 in its entirety sounds like it was written by Reilly. All this stuff would have been right in his wheelhouse.

Haha!!  This is like the one day that lasted 76 episodes......this election feels like that.  😂

5 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

ETA: @Vee, I see you got there first. All this stuff hits so fast I missed your post.

Y'all gonna have to get up earlier to beat me! Soon as these wimps call it on TV I'm going into a coma

1 minute ago, Toups said:

Haha!!  This is like the one day that lasted 76 episodes......this election feels like that.  😂

@Toups, I remember during the debacle of 2000 that Jay Leno had a soap opera parody about it. Announcer Edd Hall solemnly intoned, "Like votes through the ballot box, so go the days of our election." The title card read "The Days & Weeks & Months & Years of Our Election", and the DAYS theme was played. 😂

6 minutes ago, Vee said:

Soon as these wimps call it on TV I'm going into a coma

Which will be just in time for midterms, if things keep going at this pace.

That's really what this is: a hostage crisis.  And Trump, through bullying and intimidation, is the one holding everyone else hostage.

In all seriousness, Joe Biden's speech about how he has already put plans together to deal with covid was so REFRESHING!! There is a way to take charge without running roughshod over everyone else.