Toups

The Politics Thread

2 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I hope not, but to be honest until November I can't let myself think otherwise. I just feel like we're living out the same scripts and I am left waiting for the last minute rewrite. 

THIS.

2 hours ago, JaneAusten said:

I think it's smart to be skeptical we all should be.  And I won't debate that the media has been throwing GOP narratives out there. Heck they are trying to say the democrats are anti catholic(another narrative pushed by the GOP) because of ACB and how they are going to bring it up and kill the hearings. Not one democrat has talked about that. And I have been surprised at how disciplined their narrative has been. Lets not forget Biden and Pelosi are both Catholic. 

Joe Biden was not my choice by a long shot but he's a decent man and he did select Harris who by the way. the entire media wrote off and many claimed she would be a drag, and then he named her and his fundraising went over the roof. So yeah they have tried hits on Biden and Harris and no one is listening.

Hillary had and still has 30 years of GOP attacks on her. The media thinks she's the devil and did their best to make the email issue the biggest scandal of the century. But that was backed up by years of attacks. It's not close to the same and we have an incumbent who botched the biggest health crisis of the past 50 years. I will say again discipline and messaging has helped Biden and as long as the focus continues, I am optimistically cautious this go around. Seeing the increase in turnout has helped.

I want to remind folks who wrote off the 2018 midterms and how the dems this and that and that election was a landslide which I am supposed to see as a win for the GOP because they picked up 2 senate seats when it should have been 5 or 6. Yeah ok I'll forget about the governorships they took and state legislatures they continue to be primed to make a huge impact in again. I know the media loves to say it's a fluke.  Another reason I don't listen to them much and just pay attention to the work going on.

Also THIS.

I have never been very big on politics outside of civics and history class and even I saw the significance of voting in 2016. 

And this year has been the MOST that I've EVER been listening to and watching politics and definitely the MOST I've been in this thread as I am sure all of you and my haters can testify to. But to be honest, I trust the information that all of you have posted in here more than I trust any of the news in my area (Cali) PERIOD. You all have great minds and are truly informed in a way that I wished that I had kept up given I used to love civics. 

That's how bad this year has been here and how worried, scared, and frustrated that I've become. Even when I'm behind on this thread (I am actually ten pages...okay 12 now...back reading). But I want to be informed. I want to have the information so I can make informed decisions when it is time for me to vote. I trust you all to have it.

And I really need that lunatic out of office for sure. This info gives me some hope. But this literally is a matter of life and death. 

Sometimes I wish I weren't so well informed but as a News Junkie, I can't help it. I appreciate your post @Taoboi.

On another note, Channel4 has uploaded their news piece to their Youtube page. 

Sometimes I wish I weren't so well informed but as a News Junkie, I can't help it. I appreciate your post @Taoboi.

54 minutes ago, Khan said:

Wait, did Eric Trump just out himself on national television?

He probably misspoke, but it cracks me up nonetheless. They may as well have one of them come out at a desperate attempt at pandering. It will probably be Tiffany, but Don Jr is the most believable as a trisexual type, especially since he has entered full Requiem for a Dream mode.

Edited by DRW50

Much as I can't stand the man, I skimmed through this as it's the first step in the Beltway push to tell us Trump won tonight's debate. This will be the main talking point soon, so may as well be prepared.

Ryan Lizza? Okay. We'll see. I'm sure they will try to push a narrative, but as we've seen often in 2020 these narratives usually fail when they meet the polling and get walked back.

Psycho conspiracies all over about the debate - so even if Biden does well it will be spun as not genuine. I really wish he had skipped this. If he does win I hope someone working for him will crack down on Facebook.

On 9/28/2020 at 1:43 PM, DramatistDreamer said:

Sometimes especially in these times it is best to stay informed. :)