Jump to content
Toups

The Politics Thread

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Khan said:

I'm saying it again, because it NEEDS to be said again: Mayor Pete seems like a nice guy, but the longer he stays in this fight, the more the fight will tarnish him.  He Needs. To Go.

 

I agree overall, but I'm not sure about this particular case. In this particular case a black woman was aggressively confronted by someone who is (presumably) not black and who made the whole thing all about himself, which is pretty much the essence of much of the "woke" activism these days. Some of the replies suggest he is a Bernie bro, but there's no proof as of yet.

 

I hate these type of stunts, I really do. 

 

 

I saw someone in the comments there saying the black woman who was trying to deal with him should be arrested. To the surprise of no one, this person was white. 

 

Bernie Bros are just scumbags. They ruin everything they touch. I really do not want to vote for him. He makes me feel sick.

Edited by DRW50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Biden has put a new ad out about the recent Trump NATO drama. 

 

 

I appreciate the idea, but I had hoped after 2016 we were not going to have another campaign based on "Trump is bad the world doesn't like bad Trump." To me that doesn't motivate anybody, it just states the obvious. If the election is about Trump, he wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Joe Biden has put a new ad out about the recent Trump NATO drama. 

 

 

I appreciate the idea, but I had hoped after 2016 we were not going to have another campaign based on "Trump is bad the world doesn't like bad Trump." To me that doesn't motivate anybody, it just states the obvious. If the election is about Trump, he wins. 

And Biden was one of those who criticized Hillary for doing this. Another reason I don't like or want him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's politics. Full of opportunism. Maybe Dems should take the high road. But let's face it: I think an ad like this may be the only way to break things down to the average Joe and Jane that may waver and be concerned about our country's place in the world.

 

In short, I'm not at ALL opposed to this ad. It sucks, but our survival may just have to come down to fighting just as dirty as the Republicans do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wendy said:

It's politics. Full of opportunism. Maybe Dems should take the high road. But let's face it: I think an ad like this may be the only way to break things down to the average Joe and Jane that may waver and be concerned about our country's place in the world.

 

In short, I'm not at ALL opposed to this ad. It sucks, but our survival may just have to come down to fighting just as dirty as the Republicans do.

 

I'm not opposed because I think it's taking the low road - I just don't think most people care about how the world sees America or that Trump is an embarrassment. I think the people who do are already voting against him anyway and ads like this are preaching to the choir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

 

I'm not opposed because I think it's taking the low road - I just don't think most people care about how the world sees America or that Trump is an embarrassment. I think the people who do are already voting against him anyway and ads like this are preaching to the choir. 

 

Maybe you're right. But if there is even one voter that voted for this a-s-s-h-o-l-e who, say, may have voted Dem before (there were apparently such voters), this could still serve its purpose. We'll see, I guess!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wendy said:

Maybe you're right. But if there is even one voter that voted for this a-s-s-h-o-l-e who, say, may have voted Dem before (there were apparently such voters), this could still serve its purpose. We'll see, I guess!

 

At the very least he will obsess over it and it will eat at him and drive him to distraction. I'm a "small victories" person these days, what with the entire planet going to hell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole “when they go low we go high” doesn’t work.  It’s been proven over and over.  There is no bottom to his low and every time you think he can’t get lower he does.  And it works, so it’s time to get dirty.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DRW50 said:

Joe Biden has put a new ad out about the recent Trump NATO drama. 

 

 

I appreciate the idea, but I had hoped after 2016 we were not going to have another campaign based on "Trump is bad the world doesn't like bad Trump." To me that doesn't motivate anybody, it just states the obvious. If the election is about Trump, he wins. 

 

The election IS about Trump. Not just Trump the person but Trumpism as a political ideology. Trumpism is about corruption, destroying our standing in the world, human rights abuses, etc... That's what we're up against.

 

Even if you don't want the election to be about Trump. When a president is running for a second term the election is always a referendum on them. This ad is brilliant because it takes one of Trump's key talking points - "The world is laughing at us" - and turns it on its ear. 

 

As for what motivates people, can we just acknowledge that different people are motivated by different things. Biden motivates me greatly because he's the only candidate in the race who seems to understand what matters to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, marceline said:

 

The election IS about Trump. Not just Trump the person but Trumpism as a political ideology. Trumpism is about corruption, destroying our standing in the world, human rights abuses, etc... That's what we're up against.

 

Even if you don't want the election to be about Trump. When a president is running for a second term the election is always a referendum on them. This ad is brilliant because it takes one of Trump's key talking points - "The world is laughing at us" - and turns it on its ear. 

 

As for what motivates people, can we just acknowledge that different people are motivated by different things. Biden motivates me greatly because he's the only candidate in the race who seems to understand what matters to me.

 

The election is about Trump, I agree, but I think there is almost no way to actually focus on Trump himself because he is such a sinkhole. I am aware that I'm not the intended audience, and that there it's aimed for the suburbs and independents, but I keep having flashbacks to 2016 when I felt like talk about how horrible Trump was dominated so much of the campaign plans over letting voters know more about plans for Hillary or getting to know Tim Kaine, etc. I feel like any time the focus is on Trump, he either wins, or everyone loses. I feel like if people don't have their minds made up about Trump already, then that's a very bad sign. 

 

I didn't mean to suggest Biden doesn't motivate people. I just don't feel like this ad ends up being about Biden, and instead comes across to me as reactionary, which unfortunately so much of this primary has been in my opinion.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, marceline said:

Finally someone says it out loud.

 

 

I agree with some, disagree with some.  I don't see leftists "eager" to call Obama a failure.  I don't know where that comes from.  I'm a white Gay male democrat, but I really don't like Sanders or Warren.  I think they both spout things that they will never be able to deliver.  I just don't understand the free college thing - I just think of how long it took to try and get some kind of universal healthcare and now it's being dismantled.  They're never going to get free college.  I keep saying I'm a Democrat, not a Socialist.  I've said for years that Sanders and his peeps are wrecking us.  

 

I really don't know who can beat the Orange at this point.  I am seriously looking at Bloomberg now, and I think it's a good sign that the Dump already gave him a nickname - he won't admit it but I think he's afraid of "little Mikey".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fevuh said:

The whole “when they go low we go high” doesn’t work.  It’s been proven over and over.  There is no bottom to his low and every time you think he can’t get lower he does.  And it works, so it’s time to get dirty.  

 

giphy.gif

 

1 hour ago, marceline said:

The election IS about Trump. Not just Trump the person but Trumpism as a political ideology. Trumpism is about corruption, destroying our standing in the world, human rights abuses, etc... That's what we're up against.

 

giphy.gif

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wendy said:

It's politics. Full of opportunism. Maybe Dems should take the high road. But let's face it: I think an ad like this may be the only way to break things down to the average Joe and Jane that may waver and be concerned about our country's place in the world.

 

In short, I'm not at ALL opposed to this ad. It sucks, but our survival may just have to come down to fighting just as dirty as the Republicans do.

 

Agreed. Taking the high road has gotten us nowhere, sorry Michelle Obama. Break it down to the simpletons of the heartland and beyond. He looks like a fool. We look like fools. The world is laughing at us.  Hell, at this point, do ads telling us that he and Melania sleep in separate rooms and he was boinking a porn star while she was preggars. Go for the ugly stuff because he's an ugly man, inside and out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...