• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• Vee

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The more I think about this pronouncement by Trump, the more I think of the possibility of it being just as much of reaction to the fact that he will have to turn over 8 years worth of tax returns to the Manhattan D.A.  Think of how long Trump has been fighting against his tax returns ever being scrutinized, and a federal judge ruled against his blocking of his tax returns being sent to the SDNY.  I think this could be a bigger deal than people are acknowledging.

23 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

The more I think about this pronouncement by Trump, the more I think of the possibility of it being just as much of reaction to the fact that he will have to turn over 8 years worth of tax returns to the Manhattan D.A.  Think of how long Trump has been fighting against his tax returns ever being scrutinized, and a federal judge ruled against his blocking of his tax returns being sent to the SDNY.  I think this could be a bigger deal than people are acknowledging.

I think the real issue is that as more whistleblowers come forward the reality of promises he made to MBS, Erdogan, and Putin are likely to be revealed. 

It's just so mind-boggling how the Republican party has chosen to sell out the country. 

20 minutes ago, marceline said:

I think the real issue is that as more whistleblowers come forward the reality of promises he made to MBS, Erdogan, and Putin are likely to be revealed. 

It's just so mind-boggling how the Republican party has chosen to sell out the country. 

I honestly think it's a confluence of factors but Trump is heavily invested in two out of three of those countries.  It's not secret that he has two towers in Turkey and we all know that money comes first with Trump.  He needs to appease Erdogan to keep his investments safe.  Erdogan as does his government hates the Kurds. Putin wanted the U.S. out of Syria for years.  KSA has a distrust and dislike for Iran that stretches back to the Iranian Revolution. Trump also has investments in KSA.  Trump wanted to have towers in Russia but has been thwarted going back to the late 1980s, he's been trying to curry favor ever since.  As corrupt as things in Russia might have become under Yeltsin, at least Yeltsin showed some care for the Russian people.  I don't even think that Putin cares about a soul except himself (and maybe his daughter, perhaps the bond that he and Trump share)  but I think the wheeling and dealing is actually all in plain sight with Trump. IMO it's about showing the evidence. 

The tax returns, I suspect will reveal a whole lot of financial chicanery similar to what the Trump family has been known to pull in NYC real estate. 

3 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Speaking of Harris, The Daily Beast will have to do better at hiding their misogynoir.  People have caught on that they have credited Buttigeig for being the first to put out a specific proposal when it was already done by Harris. 

Good.  I like Buttigieg, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

1 hour ago, marceline said:

And all because they couldn't accept a Black man becoming president.

Edited by Khan

I blame Trump less for this mess than I do establishment Republicans who allowed him to become President. They could have abandoned him in 2016 and just taken the loss in order to protect the country (and the world) from disaster. He demonstrated who he was over and over again in the campaign, but they chose to ignore it because they were so desperate for power.

1 minute ago, ReddFoxx said:

I blame Trump less for this mess than I do establishment Republicans who allowed him to become President. They could have abandoned him in 2016 and just taken the loss in order to protect the country (and the world) from disaster. He demonstrated who he was over and over again in the campaign, but they chose to ignore it because they were so desperate for power.

And to eradicate everything Obama had accomplished (despite overwhelming resistance) in eight years.

When you strip away the rumor and innuendo, and you examine what Obama did while he was in office, as well as what he faced every step of the way, you realize just how much everything that's happened since then has been motivated by racism.

Edited by Khan
56 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I honestly think it's a confluence of factors but Trump is heavily invested in two out of three of those countries.  It's not secret that he has two towers in Turkey and we all know that money comes first with Trump.  He needs to appease Erdogan to keep his investments safe.  Erdogan as does his government hates the Kurds. Putin wanted the U.S. out of Syria for years.  KSA has a distrust and dislike for Iran that stretches back to the Iranian Revolution. Trump also has investments in KSA.  Trump wanted to have towers in Russia but has been thwarted going back to the late 1980s, he's been trying to curry favor ever since.  As corrupt as things in Russia might have become under Yeltsin, at least Yeltsin showed some care for the Russian people.  I don't even think that Putin cares about a soul except himself (and maybe his daughter, perhaps the bond that he and Trump share)  but I think the wheeling and dealing is actually all in plain sight with Trump. IMO it's about showing the evidence. 

The tax returns, I suspect will reveal a whole lot of financial chicanery similar to what the Trump family has been known to pull in NYC real estate. 

Alas, the Trump Admin is appealing and another judge has temporarily blocked the ruling to turn over taxes. But I do hope the same result comes each time they appeal. I think having to turn over taxes MAY be the catalyst to have Trump resign or whatever. We'll see.

13 minutes ago, Wendy said:

Alas, the Trump Admin is appealing and another judge has temporarily blocked the ruling to turn over taxes. But I do hope the same result comes each time they appeal. I think having to turn over taxes MAY be the catalyst to have Trump resign or whatever. We'll see.

Did you see my tweet on the previous page?  

1 hour ago, Vee said:

Another thread from McGurk worth reading:

Thanks for posting.  This is a succinct thread. It really confirms what I said about the Trump administration doing the least in Syria (as the Kurds did the majority of the fighting) as he's wanted to extricate the U.S. from that area since he took the oath of office, regardless of the reality or the consequences.  As McGurk says, Trump doesn't care about any of the people in Syria.

Although no one will say this publicly, Trump's pronouncement on Turkey and then Turkey's response a few hours later, reeks of a plan in the making for quite some time. Trump has got investments (i.e. money) tied up in Turkey and we know how much Trump cares about money, far more than he cares about the American people.  I guess the Syrians aren't the only ones that Trump could care less about.

Foreign policy?  What foreign policy?  Trump's no longer even pretending to have one.

Seems to me like he is pushing these things through to make good on promises he's made to Russia before he's forced out. We know that the past couple of weeks have been terrible for him and what is going on behind closed doors is usually a lot worse than the public is made aware of. He is on borrowed time and needs to do what he can for Russia before he has to resign or is removed.