Toups

The Politics Thread

9 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

This entire administration under Trump is simply awful.  Almost too awful to contemplate on a daily basis.

It's just unreal.  We are truly living in a banana republic being led by complete incompetents. 

OMG at that Farage news!:lol:

I had read that Scotland's McDonalds had stopped selling them at certain locations but I didn't see that working out in the long run. Looks like elsewhere in Great Britain likely knew that wasn't going to work either and didn't bother to adopt that policy.

He was never going to do any of these infrastructure plans. He doesn't want to do anything other than get money and play soldiers. Anyone who believed him is a fool.

Usually I don't approve of people intimidating politicians, but Nigel Farage is so disgusting that I really cannot feel bad for him.

Pelosi is deliberately pushing Trump's buttons. The things that she says sometimes are worded to set him off and it is incredibly hilarious. Saying that you'll pray for someone is a good way to set them off.

1 hour ago, DRW50 said:

He was never going to do any of these infrastructure plans. He doesn't want to do anything other than get money and play soldiers. Anyone who believed him is a fool.

True. Infrastructure week has been a never-ending joke (without the humor) since his days in the WH.  It's just the irony of a self-professed developer failing to build one piece of infrastructure.

Speaking of things we all could see coming-

The question I have is why would anybody think there's any change of any of this happening until after November 2020?

Seems like Daou is in favor of moving the needle on impeachment, if I'm reading his subtweets correctly.

We know that Trump has no real interest in governing but it's (almost) interesting to hear him whine about how he can't be productive and work with Democrats while they are investigating him.  My first thought was "Wait, didn't Bill Clinton get things done while he was facing impeachment?" I came across this tweet which basically confirmed that.