Jump to content
Toups

The Politics Thread

Recommended Posts

 

By the way, Trump couldn't win his home state but that didn't stop the snake from slithering into the White House.  I suspect that if Trump had held an actual position in public office, people would have gotten a glimpse into his abhorrent governing style and crossed him off the list.  Of course, NYers would never have elected him mayor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I could say so much (like how Trump is doing all he can to take us to war with Iran and yet half the country is numbed by him and the other half blindly support him, so no one even really cares anymore) but instead I will just say how disgusted I am that Jim Comey, after ruining our future for self-preservation, gets a [!@#$%^&*] town hall on CNN. 

 

This man is the epitome of how privilege means zero consequences. And of why I never, ever, ever go near cable news.

 

AMEN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep forgetting that Julian Castro is running, even though I know at one point he was kind of a Democratic party darling. His day may come down the road, I suppose. Once you get past him on the list I pretty much don't know the rest of the field at all, except Yang and De Blasio. Yang is a little before his time too. I think he's right about automation, but those ideas won't become mainstream until we are closer to disaster.  Assuming Trump doesn't end all our troubles by getting us nuked first, of course.

Edited by Juliajms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Juliajms said:

I keep forgetting that Julian Castro is running, even though I know at one point he was kind of a Democratic party darling. His day may come down the road, I suppose. Once you get past him on the list I pretty much don't know the rest of the field at all, except Ying and De Blasio. Ying is a little before his time too. I think he's right about automation, but those ideas won't become mainstream until we are closer to disaster.  Assuming Trump doesn't end all our troubles by getting us nuked first, of course.

 

I mostly associate Castro and his brother with the hope that someday we will win anything in Texas, which I don't see coming anytime soon. 

 

I haven't followed Yang much but his supporters give me Bernie bro vibes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Khan said:

 

AMEN.

 

I mean the man is getting paid big money to go around and tell us Trump is a liar and sucks the life out of people. No kidding. Everyone here has been saying that for 4 years. Where are our checks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Trump is going around trying to get John Kerry prosecuted. 

 

This is insane. And incredibly dangerous. Yet no one cares. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of insane and dangerous...

Every day we sink further and further down the rabbit hole of absurdity.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DRW50 said:

 

I mostly associate Castro and his brother with the hope that someday we will win anything in Texas, which I don't see coming anytime soon. 

 

I haven't followed Yang much but his supporters give me Bernie bro vibes.

Thank you for correcting my spelling on Yang.  Thank God I didn't write that on twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

The Town Hall has officially jumped the shark.

 

AMEN to that as well.

 

7 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I mean the man is getting paid big money to go around and tell us Trump is a liar and sucks the life out of people. No kidding. Everyone here has been saying that for 4 years. Where are our checks? 

 

Ironically, he wouldn't feel this overwhelming urge to save us from ourselves if he hadn't grandstanded mere days before the election by pouring MORE salt into Hillary's email wounds.  To me, Comey's part of the reason why we're here, so I am uninterested in anything he has to say, thank you very much.

 

1 hour ago, DRW50 said:

And Trump is going around trying to get John Kerry prosecuted. 

 

This is insane. And incredibly dangerous. Yet no one cares. 

 

IDK if it's that no one cares, or that the media has done such a fantastic job making mountains out of molehills (while diverting our attentions away from REAL issues) that we're simply burned out from the many, many, MANY scandals we've had to follow.  But, then again, maybe this is all going precisely according to TrumpCo.'s plans: wear us all down with inane and trivial [!@#$%^&*], so that we're too weak to fight the battles (such as this one and the one @DramatistDreamer has posted) that REALLY count. 

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 10:58 PM, DramatistDreamer said:

 

By the way, Trump couldn't win his home state but that didn't stop the snake from slithering into the White House.  I suspect that if Trump had held an actual position in public office, people would have gotten a glimpse into his abhorrent governing style and crossed him off the list.  Of course, NYers would never have elected him mayor.

He won his state in the primary. Obviously he wasn't gonna win the general. Anyway, I was referring to the primary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the fact that the EPA has become nothing more than a corporate shill and a shell of its former self, this is unsurprising news.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Considering the fact that the EPA has become nothing more than a corporate shill and a shell of its former self, this is unsurprising news.

 

Unsurprising, yet terrifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...