Toups

The Politics Thread

8 hours ago, juppiter said:

Can we not claim that we know what is going on in the U.K. when Labour does seem to have anti-semites among their ranks, and the US Democrats now seem to have the same? 

Who is "we"? I'm not claiming anything. I'm posting stories and giving my comment. If you want to post stories too be my guest, it's a free thread. 

2 hours ago, DRW50 said:

Who is "we"? I'm not claiming anything. I'm posting stories and giving my comment. If you want to post stories too be my guest, it's a free thread. 

Thank you.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:10 PM, marceline said:

Damn gurl, you went dark! 😀 But as long as we're doing this, my favorite scenario is that he just strokes out in the middle of a rally. Second favorite is that he's struck by lightning on the golf course.

You think too small. Struck by lightning on the golf course with Pence at his side. So we can say hello to President Pelosi. 

On 2/17/2019 at 10:14 PM, Khan said:

Same here.  Whenever my mom mentions Trump, or the GOP, I sit quietly and wait for an opportunity to change the subject, or else MY blood pressure will shoot to the roof, lol.

The "facts" she quotes are almost always biased, and they're almost always wrong, too.  But how do you argue with someone -- especially when that someone is your mother, and they're convinced they're right?  I've tried citing actual sources, but she just dismisses it as (you guessed it) "fake news" and accuses me of being as arrogant and ignorant as my right-wing, pro-life, anti-vaxxer ex-sis in law.  And when I've told her why she shouldn't trust YT and FNC to be accurate, her response is, "Why would they make up stuff when they have the proof RIGHT THERE?".  I tell you, you just can't win.

If Fox news is feeding her the crap... then tell her she can't afford cable anymore, and just get TV with an antenna. That will at least cut off 1 stream of propaganda. 

Edited by alphanguy74

Frankly, I wouldn't care if Bernie were a HUNDRED and seventy-eight.  But I do care that his constant attempts at upsetting the Democratic Party only drag us further into our current morass.  The first time he ran, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Now, I just think he cares only about the spotlight (and to hell with the direction of this country).

Edited by Khan

2 hours ago, I Am A Swede said:

I realize that many presidents haven't been exactly young when they've been elected, but Bernie Sanders turns 78 this year. Isn't that a bit too old?  :huh:

Since Trump is the oldest ever elected so far, I guess people don't care. If he gets a young running mate... that would be very good for him.  Such as Beto O'Rourke. And he may just deliver Texas and it's 45 electoral votes. 

Edited by alphanguy74

Jeff Zucker boasted about how much Trump has done for them. They've only ever pretended to dislike him. It's one of many reasons I avoid that network.