Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

The Politics Thread

Toups

• Members
47 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

None of the people who run the major Hollywood studios can be called liberal by any stretch of the imagination. 

Having some vocal actors and a few directors and some writers, who also happen to be liberal doesn't constitute an entire industry being that way. The people with actual power to greenlight a movie or a series are almost always conservative and it has been this way going back to the days of MGM and Louis B. Mayer.

Many people look at actors and think that they run the industry.  They don't.

We've actually discussed this topic in the Movies and Music Thread and lately, also in the Hollywood Sexual Assault/Sexual Harassment thread in the Off-Topic Section.

Despite, the ruling in Georgia, I see the voter suppression handbook is still at work in some states.

That Dodge City thing is a HUGE mess. The bimbo that decided to move the polling location said she did so because of construction, except we find out there IS NO CONSTRUCTION. It's just a complete blatant attempt to keep Mexicans from voting. She's essentially another Kim Davis

• Replies 37.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• Khan

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
2 hours ago, ClassicTVShowsFan said:

Zachery Ty Bryan from Home Improvement was on Fox News earlier this year talking about conservatives in Hollywood along with Hollywood's echo chamber and celeb elitists alienating middle America.

He also shouted out Trump on TMZ.

I am not here for washed-up child actors wanting to become relevant again.

• Members
19 minutes ago, Khan said:

I am not here for washed-up child actors wanting to become relevant again.

Certainly nobody is beating down Scott Baio's door! LOL I don't think that 3 name whoever the hell he is is gonna have anyone check for him.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members
10 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I can understand why. Someone else who was there was saying that this is a day she'd remember forever. 

Partially that. Also I want to see for myself that things are running smoothly and no one is being bothered when they try to vote.  People think of Nebraska as all white, but Omaha itself isn't.

• Members

I notice that Chuck Grassley keeps releasing these morsels about investigating various people involved with the Kavanaugh fiasco...all the way up to Election Day. I know the media, which is still fighting hard for a GOP comeback, will push this. I just hope the voters don't fall for it.

On another subject, here's an old piece on political ads. 

• Members

Many of us knew of the danger and were diminished for speaking about it.  I do knew exactly why America ignored journalists of color.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
2 hours ago, ClassicTVShowsFan said:

Just wanted to let everyone know, that's all.

Please don't take my comment personally, ClassicTVShowsFan.  It wasn't directed toward you at all.

By all means, share with us whatever you wish to.  

2 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Many of us knew of the danger and were diminished for speaking about it.  I do knew exactly why America ignored journalists of color.

Same here.

Nevertheless, I think the article makes two good points: 1) that it was NOT "economic anxiety," as Mathis and others have phrased it, that powered Trump; and 2) that newsrooms need more and better representation of people of color.

Edited by Khan

• Members
1 hour ago, Khan said:

Please don't take my comment personally, ClassicTVShowsFan.  It wasn't directed toward you at all.

By all means, share with us whatever you wish to.  

Same here.

Nevertheless, I think the article makes two good points: 1) that it was NOT "economic anxiety," as Mathis and others have phrased it, that powered Trump; and 2) that newsrooms need more and better representation of people of color.

Zachery's not washed up at all and just simply chooses not to act anymore.

• Members

I'm not surprised CNN is all over it. The media loves Republicans and will do anything to help them win. I see the generic ballot polls are also narrowing just in time for media gushing over the Republican comeback. It's the same old story. 

Kemp must truly be desperate to do this. Sadly, with the media's help, Republicans always get what they want in the end. 

Edited by DRW50