Toups

The Politics Thread

On the one hand, I see what's going on, and I think, "Gosh, how did the wheels fall off this wagon so damn quickly?".  But, OTOH, maybe the wheels have been off all along, and for whatever reason, we just didn't see it until now.

Know what I mean?

Edited by Khan

21 hours ago, Juliajms said:

That only matters if we are still under the rule of law.  How sure are we that that's the case? Look at the corruption and ethics violations that are already going on and no one is stopping it.

Nothing done in Congress, but still a lot of awful things are being done. Looks at the refugee situation and all the environmental and consumer protections being gutted. All of us in this thread can probably name 10 horrible things that have happened because of Trump.

But Congress is run by Rethugicans, & they also going to be swept up.

30 minutes ago, Khan said:

On the one hand, I see what's going on, and I think, "Gosh, how did the wheels fall off this wagon so damn quickly?".  But, OTOH, maybe the wheels have been off all along, and for whatever reason, we just didn't see it until now.

Know what I mean?

I don't, so explain it to me in more direct terms, please.

Manafort has nothing to do w/ Trump, this was years before the election

Just now, ReddFoxx said:

Perjury is always the charge that sticks. Any other indictments will probably be based on perjury, because there have been many lies told to cover up collusion.

collusion isn't a crime

50 minutes ago, hsfolk said:

Manafort has nothing to do w/ Trump, this was years before the election

collusion isn't a crime

Manafort was Trump's campaign manager which means he was very close to Trump. It is treason to help another country tamper with our elections. Of course, Ted Bundy was a Republican, so I suppose murder is not a crime, right? Get out of here with your nonsense.

4 minutes ago, ReddFoxx said:

Manafort was Trump's campaign manager which means he was very close to Trump. It is treason to help another country tamper with our elections. Of course, Ted Bundy was a Republican, so I suppose murder is not a crime, right? Get out of here with your nonsense.

show me where collusion is a crime in the criminal statute? 

2 minutes ago, hsfolk said:

show me where collusion is a crime in the criminal statute? 

It's illegal to receive campaign funds from a foreign country, which includes in kind donations.

1 minute ago, ReddFoxx said:

It's illegal to receive campaign funds from a foreign country, which includes in kind donations.

where has it been said that Trump has received any funds from foreign governments for his campaign?

8 minutes ago, ReddFoxx said:

you know HRC has gotten funds from Russia for the uranium 1 deal

11 minutes ago, hsfolk said:

where has it been said that Trump has received any funds from foreign governments for his campaign?

In kind donations aren't funds, they are any sort of assistance that benefits a campaign that needs to be reported to the FEC. That is not allowed, no matter how much you bring up Hillary Clinton.

17 minutes ago, hsfolk said:

False. :rolleyes: