The Politics Thread

• Members

The media won't let Pence go, and neither will most of the GOP. They can hide behind him. He's the type of Republican the media would sell their children for, and he is the perfect blank face (who hates the right people) to hide extremism.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

When parts of the country were being flooded out, I asked why Trump never responded publicly to offer words of encouragement or sympathy, especially seeing as many of those states that were being pummeled by floods and hailstorms voted for him.

Well, in my mind, I was simply thinking that he didn't care. Wonder why I thought this way?

99 percent of Hurricane Matthew aid requested by NC denied by Trump administration

Here's one piece of good news but if you're thinking it probably doesn't involve Trump, you'd likely be correct.

In Win for Environmentalists, Senate Keeps an Obama-Era Climate Change Rule

Gosh, remember when we didn't have an orange faced gasbag stealing all the oxygen from our lives everyday?

Every. Day. It's. Something. New. And. It's. Worse. Than. The. Day. Before.

In a Private Dinner, Trump Demanded Loyalty. Comey Demurred.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

So true.  I said something like this a couple of months ago and it's still getting worse by the day.  Also, I sure do remember. Whenever the press references "The President" I still think of Obama first and then I remember, like a bad dream, that's not who they mean.

• Members

ICAM.  Frankly, it doesn't matter to me anymore whether Comey's actions had an effect on the election.  It's all blood under the old bridge.  But you can't tell me he did what he did strictly in the interest of pursuing justice.  As dragonflies says upthread, the timing was just too coincidental.

And I'd have to agree.  If only because very little of the [!@#$%^&*] refuses to die in the press or the court of public opinions.

Edited by Khan

• Members

You know, a Brechtian type of playwright might look upon the events that led up to Nixon's resignation, discover the similarities between then and now, and then write a really awesome play about Watergate that makes some damning and ironic statements about these crazy times we're living in.

Wherefore art thou, Tony Kushner?

LMAO.

• Members

Maybe the ghost of Roy Cohn gets tied up trying to advise Trump, ultimately leading to his downfall. Of course, Cohn will blame Trump for not following his advice correctly and causing his own downfall.

It's never Roy Cohn's fault, of course (probably where Trump gets this from).

Speaking of Theatre of the Absurd, then there's this. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

^ By believing that you have everything you have because you worked for it and that you never had a lucky break or help.  Remember how crazy some people got when Obama talked about people being lucky? These people really believe they did it all themselves and are entitled and so they aren't going to help anyone else. I have so much disdain for everyone with that attitude.