Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

But they generally aren't voting against what they consider their own self interests. ICAM that the poor in particular should be voting their basic economic interests, but a lot of them consider their moral values such as being pro-life to be more important. Some of these people are very deeply anti government and very strongly pro gun. Those are their self interests as they see it.

Plenty of Democrats vote against their economic interests as well depending on how you look at it.  I'd say if it's just about how much is left in my bank account I should even be a Republican, although overall I'd say being a Democrat is still big picture in my economic interests. I'd rather pay a few thousand extra dollars to see the wealthy pay anything like a fair amount.

• Members

This is infuriating and even moreso because Bernie and his followers barely see this as an issue and he's out on a PR tour allegedly for democrats.

I read the article in the times the other day. I get that it's interesting insight but in some ways I see Haberman a lot like Judith Miller. Enabling due to access and leaks.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I thought of you when I read it and yes, this makes it even more maddening that Bernie decides to take swipes at Ossoff who is running for the [!@#$%^&*] HOUSE and can actually help oppose Trump while Bernie humps the leg of of an anti-choice Dem running for mayor. (For the record, I believe all races matter but if opposition to Trump is the priority then Mayor of Omaha isn't exactly the leader of the Rebellion. Congress > mayoral race. ) However, it does look like some of the shine is coming off Bernie. I'd love it if that was Perez's plan all along. Parade Sanders out and just let his natural hypocrisy show itself.

Unfortunately this is Ohio so it would probably end with me getting killed by cops in a hail of gunfire while they scream "Stop resisting!"

• Members

For me the most infuriating part is the purity tests he and his followers expect yet when it comes to issues like reproductive rights, which IS a top 3 economic issue for women, it seems to be acceptable because we should open our arms up to people who don't believe in everything we do. Doesn't that go both ways? And since when is the district Ossoff is running in some bastion for democrats?

I concede that a mayoral election is maybe not as important, but it is because that's where grassroots efforts start isn't it? But I did read an interesting Op-Ed yesterday written by Linda Tirado which compared 2nd amendment rights importance to the GOP to the importance of reproductive rights to the Democratic party. It's the expectation and pseudo litmus test.

Edited by JaneAusten