Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I saw that infuriating. As a Chicagoan there is not ONE person I know of on that list that represents any of the concerns of the community here. I'll be interested to see if any local BLM activists get invited because I doubt any of them will show up particularly with Sanders comments about them last year.

It's frankly a relief because in the end it's going to end up hurting the GOP IMO. But it's been sort of pointless for years as it is.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I've never cared for Giuliani but in his early years his reputation for wanting to drive out the mob built his reputation for being anti-corruption but this latest chapter in his political career, with him defending a wealthy Iranian businessman who has violated U.S. sanctions laws and has a whole host of other criminal charges (yet is connected to the president of Turkey, Erdogan) really makes Giuliani look like a defender for corruption who is against the rule of law.

This entire situation, well, something stinks, right from the head.

Legal Team That Includes Giuliani Pushes for Deal, Just Not With Prosecutors

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Not since Season 3 of House of Cards, have I been hearing the words "backchannel" so often!

Apparently, the Chinese have been setting up a backchannel through Kushner to Trump. The Chinese seem to be into dynasties and liken Kushner to a 'princeling' the way China regards wealthy and well-connected sons of Communist party elites as 'princelings'. 

• Members

I guess as long as Clinton supporters continue to blame Bernie supporters for her loss. I'm ready to move on as well. But I continue to hear how Bernie's campaign crippled HRC and caused her loss. 

No. We don't. But if something has been introduced multiple times and never gained traction, is it a poorer concept if an old white Jewish guy introduces it and it breathes?  

• Members

There's an argument that it will make things worse. They're going to exercise the "nuclear" option. 

Gorsuch was conservative. But more center compared to Scalia. Confirming him would not have changed the composition of SCOTUS. NOT confirming him has changed the rules of law for the Senate. Which will live forever. 

• Members

That will happen as soon as Bernie supporters quit blaming his loss in the primary on rigging the system, the same "rigged" system by the way in which President Barack Obama, who actually ran a comprehensive campaign that touched ALL states not ignoring the southern states because they "don't matter',  actually beat Hillary Clinton. No one will ever win a democratic primary by diminishing POC in the south as irrelevant and low information voters.

• Members

I don't see Bernie approving of Russia's involvement in the election in any way. Try again. 

Do you deny that the DNC establishment preferred HRC?  Do you deny that their preference showed every step of the way?  I don't blame them. The RNC preferred Cruz or Rubio to Trump. Did everything to defeat him. And failed. The DNC succeeded in their mission. While the RNC failed. But ultimately the RNC's failure gave them complete and total ownership of our government. 

• Members

I wasn't talking about Bernie.

Or: Dude lost the primary because not enough Democratic voters wanted him, and because other voters did not bother to register properly in their state.

It's a primary. People lose. The inept, coddled bureaucrats at the DNC have never been capable of a grand conspiracy to tie their shoes until suddenly Bernie Sanders has a problem winning the black and Democratic vote - then they're masterminds.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I never said they didn't and I do think they 'encouraged' some to stay out of the race to leave an open field for her. And yes that was wrong. But there is zero evidence including the leaked emails that anything else was done including the debates, which there were more of than in 2008 when she and Obama ran head to head. Anyone believing the DNC is some kind of mastermind to influence 4 million voters is smoking something powerful.

Sanders ran a crappy campaign his first 6 months, something those in his bubble refuse to recognize. They held an event at a black college in the south which the college wanted to invite it's students and give them first priority, only to be overruled by the Sanders camp. Guess what skin color the majority of the audience ended up being. Sanders lost by 4 million votes. And I will again say Clinton was also the favored candidate in 2008 but somehow  Barack Obama won the nomination.

Edited by JaneAusten