The Politics Thread

• Members

The love child of Ann Coulter and Kellyanne Conway if she were cloned from Hayden Panettiere and sent off to be sold at Dollar General is OUT! And trust me, pro-choice or not, I sure as hell don't claim her.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/324880-tomi-lahren-suspended-at-the-blaze-report

(Also, my apologies to Hayden Panettiere and Dollar General.)

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There are some parallels to the U.S. in this article, imo, specifically the "halo effect", where you have suburbs just outside of large, diverse cities that although these suburbs have very little contact with diverse groups, they still have anxiety about immigrants, Blacks, Latinos, other minority groups, etc., while the diverse cities themselves, exhibit greater tolerance of these groups.

The NY suburbs outside of New York City, is one such example, particularly with their anti-Latino immigrant, Central American hysteria.

How a Sleepy German Suburb Explains Europe’s Rising Far-Right Movements

True, there's always another fool to be had out there.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

So even with the Tea Party folks on NO I am convinced the ACA repeal will happen in the House as will the new worthless healthcare program.

McConnell now threatening GOP senators who vote against it. I know Rand Paul doesn't care(he's not GOP anyway) but I wonder how this impacts someone like Susan Collins who had come out against it. although her seat is not up until 2020.

• Members

I have always found it interesting that this guy has been paraded around as some kind of centrist favorite when he is one of the most zealous idealogues and has been for years. Ayn Rand is also in direct conflict with the beliefs of the Catholic Church and he also claims to be a devout Catholic. Another walking GOP contradiction.

• Members

It may get out of the House depending on how much Trump's threats scare some of them. He threatened the Freedom Caucus leader which is now being downplayed as joke.

Tom Cotton is still insisting they slow down and that it won't pass in the Senate. I don't know whether they care about Trump's threats but I can't imagine any of them being moved by anything Mitch McConnell says.

I know that people may not like to question someone's faith but his complete contempt for the poor is so obvious that I can't see why anyone wouldn't at least ask him what being a devout Catholic means to him.

• Members

ANd they refuse to wait for the new CBO score.

Plus they just said "Trust them" on making premiums lower on people 50-64

AARP has publicly come out against them and today, issued an ad saying that they have a membership of 38 million people and AARP will be keeping track of how each House rep votes and will be making their members aware of the votes and how they recommend they act based on their votes. Older people actually vote.

• Members

Yeah but as someone who once worked for AARP told me on another site, AARP doesn't have the grip on its base they way it used to because much of the AARP constituency now watches Fox News all day. Fox is in their heads long before AARP can get there with a mailing.