The Politics Thread

• Members

Here's one of the best examples of a person who uses filtered logic that allows her to see life in that special way that justifies her contempt for a group of people:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2017/03/18/fear-hope-and-deportations/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_riggedimmigration-455am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.6a8ce060e905

She says her opposition to “illegals” isn’t personal. She says that when she needs help around the house, her Hispanic neighbors offer before “my white neighbors do.” She says she doesn’t want the kids on her bus to think she is heartless for supporting deportation raids. But she says something has to change.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Good point. I was too busy trying to understand how her neighbors have ruined her life. She got married when she was 19, had two kids and was divorced at 26. She says she should have gone to college, understands that globalization and automation played a part, but it's still their fault. I don't even get these people who think their tax dollars somehow fund the lifestyles of hundreds of people (whether it be the "illegals" or the lazy black people). Is she equally as upset that she may be also helping to take care of lazy white people? I wonder whether she even realizes that she's also feeding hungry white children. And none of this has anything to do with how she ended up where she is.

It's a good thing that Trump is going to get rid of that problem for her because then she'll be able to get more money and she'll be able to afford health insurance and her life will be so much better...oh wait...

• Members

I saw that yesterday. I also saw Susan Collins skirt around taking a stance on that by pretending that they needed to get to the bottom of it before she could say whether he should apologize. Adam Schiff showed up after and said he disagreed with her because they'd already gotten to the bottom of it.

Some of those Republicans are playing a potentially costly game with their own credibility by trying to pass Trump off as having an "unconventional style" because they don't want to be seen acknowledging that he is a liar who makes things up and gets away with it, and they're complicit.  I kind of want to see him carted off in a strait jacket.

So now that they finally let James Comey publicly refute Trump's tweets, how long before the hearing is labeled fake news?

Devin Nunes is doing his best to throw Trump a lifeboat by low key promoting a general surveillance possibility and by trying to draw attention to the real criminals: whoever leaked info. Meanwhile conspiring with Russia is still not a big deal.

• Members

Comey is saying there is evidence of Russian collusion in the election re: Trump, and that they sought to tamper with the voter rolls. Will attempt to do so again in '18 and '20. Says Trump's claims about Obama have no basis.

Trump is in an absolute twitter-frenzy about this, accusing Hillary and the DNC, again.

This man is a 70 year old toddler.

Edited by Vee