The Politics Thread

• Members

Yes and I for one will welcome them back into the fold of sanity.

As for Trump being a racist, of course he is!! Does anyone even deny it at this point? He's shown it at every opportunity. I would argue that most people have bias whether they know it or not, but Trump has clearly embraced it. He enjoys hurting people.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So Mulvaney's quite empathetic then because he also decided that a single mom in Detroit and a coal miner should not have to pay for CPB which may cost taxpayers about $1.35 a year. Of course, that single mom would rather pay 121 times that to beef up the military unnecessarily though. It's also okay if she can't afford health care.

• Members

While Trump can apparently can get away with making things up and then doubling and tripling down and telling people to wait a couple of weeks for things to come out, I don't get why Spicer continues to trap himself in Trump's webs. He's cementing his reputation as a lying press secretary who says a lot of nonsensical things. And this new game they've started playing in which they claim something they said is news because news outlets reported on it is beyond tiresome. There is no point in asking for an investigation into wiretapping if the results won't be accepted when they don't have the right spin to them. Unlike his promise to lock Hilary Clinton up from which he quickly walked away, Trump can't accuse a former President of engaging in criminal activity then go around trying to blur the lines about what he said and hope it will be forgotten. He doesn't seem to want to admit he lied or was "misled" so he has no choice but to try to pretend he didn't mean it literally and dig that hole deeper, but I don't think anyone else has to help him dig except Hannity and other sycophants.

• Members

I don't think I've ever read so much gibberish coming from someone in such a position of power:

Trump predicted that he would be vindicated by evidence and hinted that he has proof of wiretapping in hand, though he declined to reveal it.

"Let's see whether or not I proved it. I just don't choose to do it right now. I choose to do it before the committee, and maybe I'll do it before the committee," he said. "Maybe I'll do it before I see the result of the committee. But I think we have some very good stuff. And we're in the process of putting it together, and I think it's going to be very demonstrative."

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-03-16/donald-trump-tells-tucker-carlson-source-of-wiretapping-claim-was-new-york-times-and-fox-news

He sounds as if he is making some sort of a sales pitch and a presentation has to be put together and yet he's supposed to be referring to evidence of wiretapping. The whole thing is quite kooky since prior to this he claims to have learned about the wiretapping in quotes from Bret Baier of Fox News.