The Politics Thread

• Members

More importantly though, never forget Trump once took out a full page ad in a major newspaper to advocate for the execution of five teenagers who were accused and later acquitted of rape after the real perpetrator had been found (after he had been allowed on the streets to rape and assault more women).

To this day, Trump has never apologized nor retracted his statements.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is such good timing. It's going to rain on his Fox News Tucker Carlson parade.

“Wiretap covers a lot of different things,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News’s Tucker Carlson set to air Wednesday night. “I think you’re going to find some very interesting items coming to the forefront over the next two weeks.”

I believe this because of that time when he said he knew a lot about hacking and he was going to share it on Tuesday, Wednesday or soon.

It's a good thing for him that he's holding a TN rally today to lift his spirits.

• Members

I am thrilled about The Netherlands vote. In fact Wilders lost apparently by a much wider margin that expected.

Maybe people in Europe are seeing what's happening in this country and seeing what a "populist" takeover means. Let hope this carries over to France.

This is encouraging and also makes me sad when I see a 63% turnout when Obama was elected in 2008 as good here. Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Of course Snoop shouldn't have. But the fact that the same people gasping in outrage over this never complained when President Obama was lynched in effigy many times just punctuates their unrivaled hypocrisy. 

This was well well said and expresses my "feelings" although this wasn't my moment. 

http://johnpavlovitz.com/2017/03/15/62-million-reasons-im-not-the-same-anymore/

• Members

That "pro-EU = sane voter" tweet makes me pause, as it shows how out of touch some may still be due to a lucky escape. The EU has a ton of problems and is not a paradise, even to the migrants who drowned in the name of supposed charity. The blind eye turned to many growing struggles in so many EU countries still needs to be addressed. It's just that people in the Netherlands, perhaps due to Wilders' own insanity or perhaps due to our beloved President, realized the alternative was much worse.

If that tweet was from an American, then I'd say the problem with the US wasn't so many "insane people," as Hillary won the popular vote by millions...it was the electoral college. But again that type of tweet is a good reminder of why we often lose here too.

Edited by DRW50