Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They don't care enough about anyone who isn't them to change their political ideology. Hell, his female voters don't even care about the people who are them. I don't deny that at all.  It's absolutely surreal how many white supremacist got close to the ultimate seat of power with this election.

The reason I think it makes a difference is that it leaves more hope for the future.  If we truly had 40 million rabid racist/sexists on our hands we would be well and truly f*cked for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

The worst part about all these US Attorneys being pushed out is there is likely no one to replace them. Many jobs haven't been filled and I'm not sure they will be filled anytime soon. They aren't even going because of ideology as much as because Trump is looking for people to blame for leaks, and Faux News along with other interlopers didn't take much effort to convince him their target was to blame. Once all Obama's people are gone, someone else will get the blame, then someone else, then someone else. 

That's what should frighten the Republicans who use him for their agenda, because at some point, sooner rather than later, they will be the ones in his crosshairs. 

• Members

Bharara had also been overseeing an investigation of possible financial impropriety by Fox News Channel in regards to whether the company properly informed shareholders of the settlements with female employees over Roger Ailes' sexual harrassment activity.  

Interesting that, on the list to replace Bharara is Ailes' attorney.

Also, it was well-known that a watchdog group had contacted Bharara to conduct an investigation into Trump's (possible) business conflicts.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

According this article in the NYT U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Says He Was Fired After Refusing to Quit

" Phil Singer, a former aide to Mr. Schumer and a Democratic strategist, called it “absurd” to suggest that Mr. Bharara’s firing had been meant to punish Mr. Schumer. He noted that any investigation involving Trump Tower would fall within the purview of Mr. Bharara’s office."

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

He's already threatening them with fundraising money he plans to use for mid-term retributions. He managed to soften some of them up with a trip in the WH bowling alley. Unless he can win over Tom Cotton those bowling pins will have been a waste.

Trumpmaniacs will be coming for John McCain again since he reiterated what thinking people already know concerning the wiretapping claim--Trump can ask the FBI if he really wanted to know and he asked for the evidence that Trumpty Dumpty has.

The press is so easy letting that smarmy Spicer wiggle around and turn Trump's flip flopping lunacy into a joke.

You haven't heard how that incompetent Obama is running the "deep state" undermining and potential overthrow of Trump.  Some of the Republicans seem to know just about as much about running the government as Paul Ryan knows about how insurance works.

• Members

^ Meanwhile we've been keeping our society going "with other people's babies" this whole time. American born women do not want to have enough babies to keep the population growing. That goes even for families that are second and third generation immigrants. He calls himself a Republican, but he's still too stupid to realize you can't have a capitalist society with negative population growth. That's obviously it's own problem when it comes to the environment and climate change, but both Japan and parts of Europe are examples of what happens to your economy when you don't have enough babies. Not to sound cold hearted, but children are a precious commodity and we should be scooping up those Central American and Syrian kids with both hands.

• Members

One of Trump’s Department of Labor Appointees Apparently Graduated From High School in 2015

And

Any American conservatives looking to Brexit as some shining example, should realize that Nicola Sturgeon is requesting a new referendum for Scotland and whether it Remains with the U.K.  As soon as  the Leave votes came tumbling in, I predicted Scotland would be seriously rethinking whether to remain in Great Britain.

We'll see...

• Members

Steve King was just embarrassed by Chris Cuomo on New Day in a interview you all should take a few minutes to see...and right now Kellyanne Conway is lying her tail off right now on the very same show....meanwhile on Morning Joe.....

• Members

I'm glad I don't have cable anymore because now I have no need to be exposed to all this silliness. CNN wants to play take down games with what's essentially low hanging fruit and then expect the audience to be impressed because they "showed them." Meanwhile they keep giving serial liars air time to spread more conspiracy theories. They should just re-brand themselves as TrumpTalk.

All I want from the news is to hear the news without all the opinions, games, and faux outrage. I don't need the media personnel pretending to be the moral compass when some of them are probably cut from the same philosophical cloth.