Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Its bad enough that he said it, but why on Earth didn't anyone on his team red flag it? The center just isn't holding these days when it comes to government.  It's frightening to realize that so many of the people in charge are completely clueless and that's not counting the ones who are traitors.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

That anti-Jewish vandalism at that bagel shop is reminiscent of something right out of pre-war period. Crazy!

It's refreshing to see a number of women enter the presidential race.  A pile of men can all enter and no one even entertains the notion that they could possibly cancel each other out, so I hope that kind of thinking doesn't enter the discourse with these women.  Unfortunately, the discourse has already been riddled with highly impertinent discussion of some very stupid topics such as-- putting hair back in ponytails and eating chicken, not to mention the old standby foolishness of being like-able enough.

I would hope that the discourse is steered toward discussion of meaningful topics, like wage stagnation and tax evasion of the uber-wealthy but somehow I know better.  I can only hope that enough finger-wagging will lead to these media outlets being shamed into asking better, pertinent questions.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Yes. And then the Yeshiva in upstate NY burned and vandalized with Swastikas and all the attacks in Brooklyn.  It's pretty scary.

And the person I thank most is 45, who makes his coy little references to the Trail of Tears like it's some kind of joke.  What a shame on our nation he continues to be every single day he is in office.  He's unleashed the far right and the fringe left is not to be outdone.

I'm hoping that to some extent people are wise to the game the media played with Hillary.  Not the public, but the people running the campaigns and the candidates themselves who can shut some of this down directly by confronting it.  It's an uphill battle no doubt.

• Members

Hannity already has the knives out, so I agree it probably won't happen. 

It's not as big a deal as the media makes it out to be, but yet again I'm disappointed with messaging failures from Democrats, as Amy Klobuchar, who already has enough problems with the stories about her treatment of staff, deciding to take a dig at Hillary for not campaigning enough in Wisconsin.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/429346-klobuchar-to-kick-off-campaign-in-wisconsin-alludes-to-2016-controversy 

The Clintons don't forget things like that.

Meanwhile, I see people I follow on Twitter (although I'm not sure I will anymore) getting upset because Sherrod Brown's campaign emphasizes "dignity of work" because it goes against progressive bonafides or sounds like caving in to the right wing, or whatever. Even now so many end up being twisted into knots over something that is absolutely meaningless.

Edited by DRW50