Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Trust me, Lara, it's more than "a little bit of pain" for those people (and their families).  When your mortgage is past due, and the creditors are calling your house day and night, and your babies are hungry and need to see their pediatrician and/or obtain medicine because they're sick, you can't make all that disappear just by holding hands and singing "C'mon, Get Happy."

But...I guess that's rich, white folks for you.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I have to admit that I've been kind of surprised by the hostility directed towards Biden. I'm clear on his problematic past but I've always found him likable enough. But so many voters in the Dem base have gone full "no old white men ever again" and they look at him like the enemy. It's kind of disturbing to see the various forms of bigotry coming from people on the left, especially the ageism. Mind you I'm not shedding tears for white men but I think it's unwise to reject potential allies.

• Members

rich people period don't care about how anyone not in their social strata. never considering that one day it may be them. 

IMPO this is the same crap that got us where we are now. this litmus test. now if a candidate isn't exactly what many Dem voters want they become unyielding and then make decisions that cost the nation........TRUMP. the reason why I think he shouldn't run now is that it was perfect for him 3 years ago. because of the death of his son, who told him to run, I still do understand why he didn't, but for him now to come out and make statements such as "had I ran 3 years ago....." I don't want to hear that from him now.

• Members

Nothing surprises me these days when you have people on social media who attack a candidate for putting her hair back in a ponytail and bopping to music in her chair.  All I can do these days is wonder how long pundits and posters will stay on a particular "scandal" especially when we have such profound problems in the U.S. and world. 

For instance, do people know that another nuclear testing site that was previously unknown was uncovered in North Korea? 

Not to mention another mass shooting and then, there is the issue of the states having the burden of filling in for the derelict federal government.

Here is Wilbur Ross telling unpaid federal workers that if they take a lifeline, they may pay handsomely for it.  I bet Ross has never had to pay a fee in all his adult life.

FWIW though, it was the Republicans who put this information out there, not Democrats.  The Republicans found this out through a request by the FOIA and news outlets found out from there.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I agree it's a problem. We are in very unstable times. 

I'll admit I'm concerned about someone who is nearly 80 becoming president again.  I wouldn't be as concerned about it if I trusted there would be transparency about health issues, but I don't.  Been there, done that (possibly twice).

That said, I would vote for Biden if he's the nominee. I do like him. I would like him even more if he picked a woman for vice president. 

I can't think of any Democrat who will run a credible campaign that I wouldn't vote for. I'm very pro choice and I would even vote for someone who isn't this time around, although I know it won't come to that. 

• Members

I think Biden is being tone deaf. Biden ran for president 3 times and in not one of these times did he ever win a primary and he is always filled with gaffes. Obama salvaged his image with a lot of people IMO. I came to tolerate him and even respected the relationship that he had with Obama. But we are not in the same place we were during the times when Biden was in the senate and had an opposing functional party to work with. The GOP needs to burn down and its time for politicians to stop pretending it's salvageable. And Upton was one of the leading crafters of the new so called HC plan that would have cut the ACA and pre-existing conditions. I don't think Biden had any bad intentions and it was not a campaign event, but the optics are not good. And like it or not it will get scrutinized. He doesn't have Obama to shield him anymore and he's now in the spotlight.

• Members

I think a lot of people on the left have never liked him (even less than they liked Obama) but put up with him. Their patience has run out. 

There's also a never-ending posturing and superiority dance that makes up so much of social media. I'm never sure how much it translates to real life, but it makes online political reading a slog, if one even bothers. You often hear people say things like they hate all white people or they hate all men or they hate all straight people or all straight people should die, and on and on. They get lots of pats on the back from their circle jerk and ignore the rest. 

Many of the people who focus the most on anti-white screeds are white people who are desperate to be liked. And I have a feeling most of them won't be voting either.