Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I need to know more about her positions, but I think she's my candidate.  We need someone tough and I think she has that quality.  I haven't seen what you are talking about, but I'll look it up now.

Found it. CC should know better.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chris-cuomo-kamala-harris-birther-conspiracy_us_5c4755b8e4b027c3bbc6057e

• Members

I know a lot of people are in this mode where this is going to be an "exciting" Democratic primary with a "spirited" exchange of ideas but frankly I'm dreading the whole circus. I'm really put off by a lot of what I'm seeing on the left. I'm tired of hearing how a lack of experience is a good thing and how all that matters is whether someone can clapback on Twitter. I'm not a hashtag voter. I want people with subject matter expertise and detailed plans and more and more I see people on the left who think this is all a reality show.

• Members

I was hoping that Kamala Harris would delay a bit longer before making the announcement because I knew the foolishness and the attacks would start in earnest immediately, but it is what it is now, I guess. 

The first attack on Harris was launched yesterday within hours of her announcement, meanwhile the government shutdown continues, people are suffering and I'm seeing very little discussion in the media  about the fact that it has now been an entire month of extreme government dysfunction.

• Members

It's too soon for me to wig out about the primary. So far I'm seeing content and substance rise a bit more to the top, which is nice and unexpected. Whether that lasts remains to be seen. And I think it's better to get the crap about Harris, Gillibrand, etc. out of the way now vs. later.

• Members

Except it is unlikely to end in the  unending election news cycle.  

Trump/GOP and their foisting of 'issues' about Obama's birth certificate never truly ended-- they brought it up every time they felt like stirring sh*t up.

I'd love to think that people will be better the second time around but from my own personal experiences, I don't think so.

• Members

I have no interest in any of the "spirited" exchanges either, especially since they go along with the idea that being an attention whore is the only way to run a government. All the panting and swooning over who gets the most retweets is nothing more than a front for systemic efforts to tear down any candidate who is seen as a threat to Saint Bernie. The backlash to Kamala Harris was immediate, very ugly, and also openly and proudly racist. 

I vote for Democrats, but I don't consider myself to share a party with these types of people, and I never will.

Cuomo gets a lot of free passes because many people see him as a hot piece of tail. He still works for CNN, which loves Trump and likely wants him to be reelected, and he's still a Beltway mouthpiece.

• Members

Unsurprisingly, the Kentucky kid is backed by conservative names, one of whom used to work for W. As with Justice I Like Beer, people need to remember just how odious those tied to W are instead of giving him a cuddle because he stays quiet and gives Michelle Obama candy.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/jennnings-pr-firm-played-role-in-phillips-sandman-spin

• Members

That's interesting. I hadn't heard about this (I imagine if the opposite defections had occurred it would have been front page news). Usually this amount of defections do suggest long-term trends. I'm not sure if it will be the case in Kansas, given their history, but it is a natural next step to earlier this decade, where many moderate Republicans were targeted and defeated by lunatics. 

• Members

I'm excited that we are at the beginning of primary season because it feels like hope.  On the flip side, I'm worried that something will go wrong. Things don't look good for Trump 2020 right now, but I won't be counting him out until he is on the curb.

Voter suppression,  Russian influence and splits in our coalition will probably be in full force once again. I also hope that everyone who is running has the good sense to put their egos aside if there is a skeleton in their past.  We don't need an October surprise and anyone thinking they are immune because Trump was is mistaken, imo.