Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The odd thing is, the spokesperson does not come out and say it is WRONG. This is the statement:

" BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate ."

Now, do they mean the statements are wrong but others things not? It says the "description" is not accurate. It's actually very cagey.

• Members

I'm so used to the Trump fanaticism but some days it can still depress me like the first day. I was talking to a family member, who doesn't have a mean bone in their body, but is a regular churchgoer and parrots all the lines about how Trump was doing his best before Democrats took over the House. It's just so dispiriting, because you can't tell someone like this they're wrong - they won't believe you. 

This is why churches getting into bed with Trump is so toxic and so damaging for this country. And in the long run it will just do them a great deal of harm.

• Members

The statement is very cagey, and Jason Leopold has long had a very iffy reputation. But I think it's more likely the info came from SDNY, which does leak, not Mueller's people. I suspect the story is true, but how much that'll matter in 24 hours remains to be seen due to some poor checking on the writers' part. What does matter is Mueller is continuing, and Cohen will be in a public hearing in a couple weeks.

• Members

It may be a case of the fact that there are so many lies, even the spox has trouble differentiating them and what is genuine.

It is a strange situation because pretty much everything else that BF has reported concerning the Trump administration has proven to be true--with the exception of the most salacious details of dossier, which remains unverified (as far as we know).

• Members

I have a lot of doubts about Buzzfeed and their agenda (beyond self-promotion). If we find out down the line that someone there was pushing disinformation and scandal stories to discredit real information, I wouldn't be surprised.

More and more media outlets give me this vibe. I felt the same way when I saw that CNN was attacking Beto O'Rourke for his "white privilege" (which simultaneously helps Trump in 2020 and also feeds into racial divisions in the Democratic Party).