Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Seriously, could you imagine if Obama had done all this sh*t??!!  This disparity about what some Americans will make allowances for based on skin color is insane! 

And please, no one give me that crap explanation about Obama being the one to put up a higher bar because we know that is a smokescreen excuse for a much deeper problem that has existed in America.

Knowing what I know about living in America with its overt and under the radar racism, sexism and microaggressions, it is not exactly surprising but still, it is breathtakingly insane to watch this all unfold in real-time. 

It's truly difficult to hold much hope for America going forward when this is all occurring.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

No joke!  If Obama had committed even a small portion of the crimes that the current administration has committed, his ass would have been swinging from a tree long before today!

But I'm proud of MSNBC and others calling it what it is: a lie.  Trump told Cohen to LIE to Congress.  Plain and [!@#$%^&*] simple.

Of course, Rudy's phone would be turned off for the moment.  He's older and a bit slower these days, so he needs a little more time to come up with the right lie to tell the media.

Unfortunately, many POC never held much hope to begin with.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Obama was held to a higher standard that is for sure.  He was also treated differently, but I also don't think most white men would be allowed to get away with the things that Trump is getting away with.  Nixon was taken down for less and most Americans seemed to agree that was the right thing to do.

Trump was not that far off base when he said he could shoot someone and his base would stick with him.  Just the way he decimated the entire Republican field (mostly other white men)  in the primaries was pretty alarming.  People chose Trump because he was a sexist, racist, authoritarian want to be.  That the most disturbing part to me.

• Members

I don't believe that Obama would've been able to rebound from a BJ in the Oval office either but yes, Trump is a level of madness that nobody has ever seen before.  

Still, the fact that Trump has been able to get away with so much with what appears to be little to no accountability, even is Mueller's report somehow leads to indictment, etc. --I really don't think this portends good things for this country.  

• Members

Count me among them, except for the fact that I can't think of a better system. I certainly don't think much of any system that can elect and protect someone like Trump. Maybe it's as simple as getting rid of the electoral college.  I don't know, but I'm not feeling optimistic these days.

• Members

Churchill who was not exactly a role model for fairness during his lifetime in his advocacy of colonialism, said “Democracy is the worst form of government - except that is for all of the others”

You also need leaders Who care enough to foster those values that makes it  work. Plus you can’t have one political party who doesn’t give a crap about anything other than retaining power at all costs.